Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is Your Favorite Bowling Ball of All-Time?

Chats: 0

Don't really have a favorite yet as I am just getting into the game but i am really enjoying my track 607A

My favorite Ball right now is my old Brunswick Proactive Azure. This is because all of my new equipment just simply was not getting the job done!! Monday night I decided to take my old Brunswick Proactive Azure, and it was a good choice because I shot a 736 series with it. Not luck because I practice every day and my new equipment simply could not handle the longer oil pattern that the bowling center has been using recently. So now I know...when nothing else will hook due to the oil pattern being heavy and long, I will bring out my old trusty Brunswick Proactive Azure!!

Bowler

showing your age bowl823 would be the LT48 and i used one.lol

What is Bowling?

I love my red mission. I just bought a 250K and first set out and I went 716 so that looks very promising.
    The arsenal I have are:
    14 red mission
    15 red mission
    15 250K
    14 world beater
    15 virtual gravity
    15 hammer sting

The Columbia 300 Messenger Titanium is by far my favorite ever. Despite having to have the thumb hole filled and re-drilled 3 times, I have bowled all 3 of perfect games with it. That ball may be retired but I will be using it until the day it cracks!

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Quote Originally Posted by BallBuster View Post
    The Columbia 300 Messenger Titanium is by far my favorite ever. Despite having to have the thumb hole filled and re-drilled 3 times, I have bowled all 3 of perfect games with it. That ball may be retired but I will be using it until the day it cracks!
    Definitely one of the best balls of all-time. I think they ran somewhere around $129.99 drilled in pro shops in my area. So this ball definitely was the best bang for your buck ever.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Definitely one of the best balls of all-time. I think they ran somewhere around $129.99 drilled in pro shops in my area. So this ball definitely was the best bang for your buck ever.
    I love that Messenger but for a while I've been trying to find something else that is just as powerful or more for a reasonable price. It seems like there are so few "mid-priced" good balls. Either they're entry level balls or high performance/high priced balls. My pro shop was offering a Roto Grip Critical Theory for only 174.00 drilled out the door, but for me that's still a lot of money.

Chats: 1

Ebonite Grey Wolf - I threw my only 300 with it, and had more strings of 7 or more strikes with that ball. At that time it matched up to me, and most of the lane conditions that I bowled on. The conditions were pretty tough during the period that I used it. I think when I threw that 300, there were only 8 thrown that season. The lanes that I bowl at average 40+ per season now.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 4

Yep showing my age here too but I remember the old LT48 balls but
    does anyone else here remember the old brand called Manhattan Rubber
    ball that was my very first ball that I ever owned back in the 80's.

My most favorite balls from back when I bowled in the 90's were my

1. Teal Rhino PRO had all of my 300 games with that ball during league and open bowling
    2. Ebonite Turbo had several 299 games with it during league and open bowling also
    3. The Black Hammer had many, many, many, 279's and 289's with it and it was the first ball
    I ever had that was drilled Axis Weight.

of my currant arsenal since I have started back bowling it would have
    to be my go to ball the first one out of the bag.

1. Ebonite Evolve
    2. then my Roto Grip Nomad Pearl
    3. and then lastly my DV8 Hell Raiser

most nights I have to leave the Roto Grip Pearl and the DV8 in the bag and
    just use the Evolve and my plastic T Zone spare ball.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 5

My favorite of all time is Brunswick Black Beauty, from the 60's to 80's. The newer ball wasnt as good as my father's Black Beauty.
    Plus my other three favorites are the Brunswick Mineralite, Storm HyRoad, and the Ebonite Urethane Galaxie 700. The Ebonite ball wasn't drilled for me but I never got it replugged and drilled to my fingertip specs, but someone else's. I regret that, but, I like those four balls I have. Another was a plastic Columbia 300 in blue that I bowled my highest game ever in league in the early 80's 238 before handicap.

I don't have a lot of balls in my arsenal or history, but, I really love the old Brunswick hard rubber product, and if I could find another Black Beauty, I would almost buy on the spot. I am STILL getting used to the HyRoad, and I still have issues with it not doing what I want, but, then again this is the first ball with the correct specs for me and fingertip grip. I almost bought a Hammer long time ago, and I still regret it. lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast