Thread: ball problems

Default ball problems

i recently got the Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver, first time bowling with it and it hooked like crazy and now not as muc

what can i do to the ball or is there anything i can do ? example: soak clean etc

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Have you been cleaning the ball after each session with ball cleaner? I can't overstate how important cleaning is to maintaining the reaction of your bowling ball.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Bowler
    Chats: 2

If it's not the cleaning, it could be the lane conditions you bowl on as well. Maybe you just bowled on really oily lanes, but my guess is the ball hasn't been cleaned properly.

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Have you been cleaning the ball after each session with ball cleaner? I can't overstate how important cleaning is to maintaining the reaction of your bowling ball.
    I agree that is the fastest way to kill a ball's reaction by not keeping it cleaned after
    each bowling session and or practice session and wiping it off with a towel between
    frames during your league. I clean my bowling balls religiously during league and after
    league and after each practice session and they all still hook just like they did when
    they were fresh out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Special_K
    what can i do to the ball or is there anything i can do ? example: soak clean etc.
    You should talk to your Pro shop operator and see if maybe it needs to
    be refinished or something or maybe they can get it cleaned for you.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 106

how recent did you get it? unless you put 50+ games on it already, theres no way it could have died... then again it IS an ebonite ball, lol.

it sounds like you first bowled on a dry house shot, and now you've bowled on a lane that had been recently oiled

I personally never clean my balls and they're all still in good condition, no problems.
    Yee

Chats: 221

The issue may also be that you are not bowling on enough oil for that ball. Aggressive asymetrical balls require a fair amount of oil or they will "burn up" loosing their energy too soon and as a result the reaction or hook will lessen
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Depending on the games on the ball, I suggest surface touch up and oil extraction.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

"The issue may also be that you are not bowling on enough oil for that ball. Aggressive asymetrical balls require a fair amount of oil or they will "burn up" loosing their energy too soon and as a result the reaction or hook will lessen"

Excellent Point Stormed! I can't tell you how many people assume that if their ball doesn't hook, that it must be too much oil. A lot of the time, on a house shot, the heads will burn up and it makes the ball unload too early. It doesn't look like it hooks much, but it especially doesn't hook in the backend. The taboo is a ton of ball, so I doubt that it has died on you if you got it recently.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member
    Bowling Center Manager/Pro Shop Operator/Bowling Coach

i just got the ball at christmas

i do wipe the ball every time i use it in league but probably need to get ball cleaner for sure

i only use it every monday for league

thanks for the advice i hope i get my reaction back after this

Cranker
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 2

Have your Pro Shop guy watch you roll some shots in league. If the reaction is not correct he should be able to tell what you need to do with the Taboo. The Taboo is very strong ball it could be rolling out if the lane are dry in the front.