Taking from www.dannywisemanbowling.com

When I was younger I learned that spares are very important. I was taught to always shoot at a spare using the key pin.Most of the successful tour champions go straight. WRW jr,Duke,Voss, Bohn etc... Double and triple wood spares the key pin in the farthest forward. Using angle for right side spares you would stand on the left side of the lane and vise versa for 7 pin side spares.If you nail the ten pin straight on then for any spare towards you you move your eyes left from your target for the ten pin. You have 13 boards to cover a single pin. Shooting a 7 pin right on you would move your eyes to the right a board for each pin in. Ok so lets say, and I will use my favorite target and stance positions for this example, I shoot a tenpin standing on board 34 and target board 18 and make it right on. If I were to leave a 6 pin my feet stay the same and my eyes would go to board 19. If I leave a 9 pin since its on the back row the 3 pin is in front of it but 2ft in front I would imagine I left a 1 and 3 and move my eyes to board 21.If I leave a 3-6-9 the key pin is the 6 but I move my eyes 2 left to board 20. For the left side if I hit the 7 pin right on and standing on board 11 looking at board 18 then my eyes go to 17 for a 4 pin and 16 for a 2 pin. A 2-4-5 bucket is the same as a 2 pin as is the 1-2-4-10 washout....this system basically works on all lane patterns using straight lines.I also use for tighter lanes for seven pin side spares 16 with the feet and 21 for the target and may move my eyes to 23 to hit the 7pin. If the lanes are really hooking the initial target can be moved to the right for 10 pin side spares and also to the right for seven pin spares. If the lanes are wet/tight then the initial target moves left. Good luck and always shoot spares with angle but straight at them with no hook!