Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virtual Gravity Nano by Storm on Not so THS

Step into my office

Chats: 42

I should've been more clear. You don't need to sand to the original finish after each session, but it should be done every 12-15 games. The surface of the ball will change the more you throw it. Lower grits like 500 will actually get higher, where higher grits like 4000 will get lower. So if you like the way your ball rolls at 2000 grit, you have to sand it back to that finish after a few games, or else you're not really bowling with 2000.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Bowler
    Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    I should've been more clear. You don't need to sand to the original finish after each session, but it should be done every 12-15 games. The surface of the ball will change the more you throw it. Lower grits like 500 will actually get higher, where higher grits like 4000 will get lower. So if you like the way your ball rolls at 2000 grit, you have to sand it back to that finish after a few games, or else you're not really bowling with 2000.
    Ah, thank you for clarifying. I did not know that the surface would change over time. Is it alright to sand it by hand? Also, a friend told me if you sand a ball too often, the ball will get smaller, and not roll the same. True? I hardly believed him, but he sounded so sure of himself.

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Quote Originally Posted by StormGirl View Post
    Ah, thank you for clarifying. I did not know that the surface would change over time. Is it alright to sand it by hand? Also, a friend told me if you sand a ball too often, the ball will get smaller, and not roll the same. True? I hardly believed him, but he sounded so sure of himself.
    It's a lot harder to get a uniform sanding by hand, but yes you can do it. When you sand a ball, you are taking a small part of the surface away. However, it's so minuscule you'd never notice with normal maintenance sanding.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Don't forget this ball needs an oil extraction process done on it every 40-60 games. I suggest 40 as the Nano soaks up a ton of oil and you lose reaction fast.

Brent - at the beginning of the video, I was iffy about the layout on that strong of a cover, but it actually reads nicely on the condition. Great to see someone posting a video that doesn't claim to have a rev rate that's 600+
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12