Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Gravity Nano by Storm on Not so THS

Default Virtual Gravity Nano by Storm on Not so THS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvkNquNz0R8

Check out the video I shot last 2 weeks or so on the new Drilled 4x4x2 Nano.

The ball is super strong and might be to much ball for me. But I did bowl in the 2nd have of the video on super flooded lanes and it worked pretty good for me.

Anyways check out the video and see.

THanks
    Brent
    www.alltenback.com
    Brent Dolan www.alltenback.com
    USBC average to date 201, USBC High Game 278,USBC High Series 713, Newest Video Post

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Looks good Brent!

Be sure to keep that thing clean and you'll have a great heavy oil ball for a long time!
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Thanks WB! The ball actually hooks to much but it works good on heavy and long oil patterns for me. Revs up pretty easy too with the 4x4x2 lay out. I dig it. I might polish it up though so I can get to use it during league play.

Thanks again for the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Basin View Post
    Looks good Brent!

Be sure to keep that thing clean and you'll have a great heavy oil ball for a long time!
    USBC average to date 201, USBC High Game 278,USBC High Series 713, Newest Video Post

If the leagues at my house used more oil and a bit more length, I'd jump on this ball in a New York second. A friend of mine bowls on one of the THS leagues and he has one. The patterns there get burnt up pretty fast due to it being 3v3 for a 3 game series + practice and about 1-2 hours drying time before the league starts. He's a lower end rotation tweener. He plays an outside line due to it being drilled with the pin below the fingers (I think). If he continued rolling it towards the end, he'd be playing far inside.
    Follow Me: http://www.bowlsk.com/view-profile.html?user=2652222
    Current Arsenal:
    Brunswick Rattler (14lb) & Brunswick Viz-A-Ball (Brunswick Logo) (14lb) & Hammer No Mercy (15lb) (Soon to be Storm)

Yeah the pattern (at the new house i am bowling at) seem much shorter than I am use to. But when I go there and practice the lanes are flooded (maybe to save the lanes from open bowlers?) It really throws me off. I might try polishing up the VG nano just to get a smoother roll instead of such an early turn in the back end once it hits the dry.

The Victory Road for me works a little bit better in the 3rd game when the lanes are dried up. It is hard to move to far left at this house because their is an out of bounds area 5 board to the gutter. Makes it hard for me at least to really swing it. So i been staying a little more behind the ball and trying to really put a consistant roll on it.

Looks good but i am not scoring well except for the one night

Quote Originally Posted by Paralipsis View Post
    If the leagues at my house used more oil and a bit more length, I'd jump on this ball in a New York second. A friend of mine bowls on one of the THS leagues and he has one. The patterns there get burnt up pretty fast due to it being 3v3 for a 3 game series + practice and about 1-2 hours drying time before the league starts. He's a lower end rotation tweener. He plays an outside line due to it being drilled with the pin below the fingers (I think). If he continued rolling it towards the end, he'd be playing far inside.

BTW I had a 685 scratch series the other week with the VG Nano. I am getting the hang of this ball. I really love it. It is a lot of fun to roll.

Step into my office

Nice! Keep it up, Brent!
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

i see that you posted the vid in july, and has it died out on you yet? My first heavy oil ball, the invasion, died out on me after a month and ive been hesitant on buying another one.

Step into my office

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
    i see that you posted the vid in july, and has it died out on you yet? My first heavy oil ball, the invasion, died out on me after a month and ive been hesitant on buying another one.
    Did you clean the ball after every session? Modern bowling balls designed for hook on the heaviest conditions do absorb oil. That's the way they are able to hook so much. If you don't clean the coverstock after each session and refresh the coverstock by sanding back to the original finish, they will lose reaction.

Bowler
    Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Did you clean the ball after every session? Modern bowling balls designed for hook on the heaviest conditions do absorb oil. That's the way they are able to hook so much. If you don't clean the coverstock after each session and refresh the coverstock by sanding back to the original finish, they will lose reaction.
    Not meaning to thread jack here. Is it alright if you just clean the ball with cleaner? I was told cleaning the ball after every session will help keep the ball alive, but this is the first time hearing about sanding the ball as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast