Thread: Global "HOOK" reviews

Chats: 221

Default Global "HOOK" reviews

Well let me start by saying that as an "entry level" ball this piece is awesome. I have all 3 of these with similar layouts and a 2nd yellow/red sittingon the bench to be drilled. All are currently at factory finish

Ball #1 Blue/Blue (4000 Abralon) Ball is drilled 4.75x60x60 (pin under). This ball is the strnget f the 3 which is to be expected a it is the only sanded one of them. It is about 4 and 2 stronger than the other 2. This series f balls use a modified core from the AMF Code series (lengthened to raise the rg). s a result of the higher rg value and the S43 cover stock this ball clears the heads with ease and has a strong arcing motion to the pocket with good continuation through the pins

Ball #2 Red/Yellowsoid (2000 Abralon polished) drilled 5x60x75 Being a polished solid i can play a little straighter and closer to the friction than i can with the BlueBlue getting a couple more feet in length but still retaining the smooth motion and continuation through the pins.

Bll #3 Purple/Orange Pearl (2000 Abralon polished) drilled 5.5x70x70 As to be expected with this one being a polished pearl and a more lengthy layout this ball pushes another 2 or 3 feet farther down the lane and is more angular than the other 2 HOOKS.

bALL #4 (Still to be drilled) Red/Yellow will be pin up but haven't decided on final layout yet and will update once drilled.

In conclusion theise pieces are an excellent value for the price with Greaat performance and good looks. These 4 balls will be my arsenal for my Monday league this fall as they cover all but extreme "toast". Another GREAT release from 900Global

Here are a couple of links to house shot and sport shot reviews of the hooks

House shot http://www.900global.com/index.php?o...mid=213&pid=22

Sport shot http://www.900global.com/index.php?o...mid=213&pid=21
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Default Blue/Blue Hook

Isn't the Blue/Blue Hook a hybrid cover (sanded)?

Chats: 7

Just got the Red/yellow Hook. Don't know exactly how to explain how it'd drilled. The CG is under my palm and the pin is about 2 inches outside my ring finger.

I'm a fairly low speed/low rev stroker (right handed) and this ball hooks more than my Storm Tropical Heat orange/purple. First time using this ball I bowled a 140-142-189. The 189 is my 3rd highest game since I started bowling again in September.

I definitely would recommend this ball to somebody looking to step up from a house ball or straight ball bowler.

I have the orange and yellow Hook!. It was my first reactive piece and still in active rotation in my arsenal. I'm still learning so it's good for what i'm doing. I bought the Roto Grip Shooting Star on an impulse, but the Hook! still is nice.

Chats: 0

Thinking about buying this ball. How does it react on really dry lanes??