Thread: Rival

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Default Rival

You know all about the great rivalries in sports: Michigan and Ohio State, Cards and Cubs, Yankees and Red Sox. Introducing the Rival. It has no competition. On medium to heavy oil this ball will leave the competition shaking their heads. Check this one out: this Rival is the best of everything you need. A benchmark ball that picks up in the middle of the lane and never quits.
    Attributes
    Color Blue/Steel/Yellow
    Reaction Strong Mid Lane
    Veneer 300 ReactiveŽ
    Surface 4000 Abralon
    Core Spinner
    Weights 12-16 lbs
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Rival

I've been rolling the Columbia 300 Rival for a year now. I figured it was time to post some thoughts.

First of all about me....
    I'm pretty much a tweener with medium revs and medium ball speed. Average of mid 190's on our house shot.

Ball:
    Pin placement is slightly above and almost in the ring finge.

As far as the ball:

This ball is the first ball out of the bag (sometimes the only one I take to league even). The surface allows the ball to get down the lane without burning up it's energy, saving it for the backend where it's needed. The ball starts to rev up slightly in the midlane. The break on the ball is super predictable. The is definately not a skid/flip ball.

The ball typically carries very well. The pins stay low and tend to take out corners fairly consistently. It will carry light pocket hits though typically not high (drives too hard).

I give the ball a 9 out of 10.

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Rival

I have had this ball for about 9 months and I cannot tell you how much I love this ball! I use it from house shots to the medium length PBA sport shots and even shot my first 300 with the ball. I love how it revs up easliy and is so predictable down the lane. I believe that Ebonite International made the right choice in selecting this ball as one of core "three" balls when they unveiled the "new" Columbia. I would not give up this ball for the world and will definitely look for a new one before my current one dies.