Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro Shop Operators who don't get it!!!!

Chats: 221

Just out of curiosity is he a Storm VIP Pro Shop? Because aall that takes is the $$$$ to join the program and many shops try and tell peeople they are "staff" when they do this
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

It is possible. I just know that I reported the problem to my regional head, and they wrote me back that he wasn't on the staff, and that they would look into it. Storm posts all their amatuer staff on their webpage, so I don't know why the guy would lie about it. I guess if you aren't good at your job, you got to have something as a selling point.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member
    Bowling Center Manager/Pro Shop Operator/Bowling Coach

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Storm's website has great info about balls and drilling on it. Sounds like this wannabe shop owner would learn from watching these. Is he still in business?

These sort of people really hurt the entire bowling industry. After years of struggling with poor fits, I gave up bowling all together for 7 years. (it was not the only reason, but once I stopped for a few months due to other issues - the thought of getting back into it and struggling every shot to just hold onto ball felt - overwhelming). I only got back into bowling b/c I was able to figure out from on-line forum what pitches / span I really needed.

You can't expect people with bad equipment to keep on paying for bowling, and buying balls and everything. Now when I get something done - I don't ask pro-shop people for any advice. I tell them what to do. I honestly can not go into some pro-shops without over hearing the most idiotic advice being given. Bad drilling and selling beginning bowler balls that there is no way they can possibly get any benefit from.

And then when the equipment sucks, they tell you it's your fault for holding onto the ball too hard. That's their get out of jail free card - anything that's wrong and you here "don't grip the ball so hard"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12