Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What you like to see for the Driving age in the USA?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2

Default What you like to see for the Driving age in the USA?

We've got anywhere from 16 year old's to over- 100 year old's driving on our highways and streets. What would YOU like to see the minimum and maximum driving ages allowed in the USA? And why?
    What is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.

I think you should finish high school first, so I guess that would make it 18 unless you graduate early

Blog Entries

Absolutely. 18-80. Nobody younger, and nobody older. What the number of wrecks decrease by 50% the first year after this law goes info effect!!

yes, no doubt about it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Totally disagree. When you hit 65 you should have to start taking a test every 5 years. Once you hit 80, every year. You can't take away those privileges if it's not warranted.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

That sounds good Mayor, I just think they need the laws you speak of, because when I am 80, I don't want to be caught doing like my Grandmother who was caught driving her 1968 Mopar RoadRunner up the wrong side of the interstate. The cop was nice and put her back on the right side of the road, but it could have been a bad situation.

Blog Entries

If 80-plus year old's really have ANY ability left to safely drive our highways and byways, why don't you see them racing in Formula One and NASCAR? Re: Paul Newman raced into his 70's, but he knew when to give it up...before 80. An 80 year old may THINK they are still good to go, but the mind fools the body. Reaction time just does not warrant them retaining the driving privilege, not to mention failing eyesight and hearing. A yearly exam at the age of 80 would be like having unprotected sex with someone who gets tested for aids once a year...you think you are safe, but a lot can happen in the next 12 months that you don't know about!

Isn't it something that you have lumped all drivers under 18 and over 80 as a danger to society!!
    And to ask why you don't see them in NASCAR or Formula One is ludicrous!
    I hope that when "Numb" is 80 you have someone to drive you everywhere because you will have lost your independence with your license if you follow your own logic!

Blog Entries

Mom, that's what young wives are for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by comfortably numb View Post
    Mom, that's what young wives are for!!!
    yes...my young wife drives me everywhere I need to go, like to the bowling center 50 miles away that still has wood lanes and is awesome since it was rebuilt and everything is like new again.

Nothing like Wood Lanes I tell ya!!

except for Brunswick Pro anvil...etc

Did I mention I hate HPL or SPL ..... AND OLD PAD MACHINES !!!! LOL

old pad machines that don't work right and are so bad off that they need to be sold for scrap metal because the mechanic can't fix it!! yeah that's what I meant!! LOL
    Last edited by Trex; 08-04-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast