Thread: Better location to watch a football game: at the stadium or on your home tv?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2

Default Better location to watch a football game: at the stadium or on your home tv?

With the long-awaited football season about to begin , where do you prefer to watch a game: in the comfort of your own home on your big flat-screen tv in HD, or at the stadium itself, live and in person?
    What is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.

Step into my office

Chats: 42

I prefer to watch my teams at the stadium, but other games at home. I've been to many, many Gator games and the atmosphere is like none other! I also was able to see my Dolphins at what will always be Joe Robbie to me. It was Monday night against the Patsies and we were down 21 in the 4th. Basically 3/4 of the stadium left. We scored 7... then intercepted Brady and got 7. Then directly in front of me, the Patsies were on about their own 10. Jason Taylor jumped in front of a Brady pass and walked it in to the end zone. That was by far the most exciting sports moment I've ever witnessed in person. We went on to win the game and it was amazing!
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2

I agree with Mr. Mayor; when watching my favorite teams that I have rooted for since I was a kid, I prefer seeing them live in the stadium...I got to see Bubba Smith overcome 3 guys trying to block him in Spartan Stadium in the mid '60's, as well as O.J. Simpson live in about 1968, taking strides of about 6 feet on every run. The loudest stadium moments would be a Mickey Stanley grand slam at Tiger Stadium and a Magic Johnson alley-oop dunk to Greg Kelser in Jenison Fieldhouse. Unfortunately, I live a thousand miles away from my favorite teams now and I have to watch them all on tv.
    What is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.

Chats: 4

I have been to a Redskin pre-season game (free tix) and 2 Ravens games. Had a blast but prefer the home or better yet a day at Buffalo Wild Wings watching all the games.

I have to say I love both equally. I've been to a few Jets games the last few years (a buddy has season tix) and it's great. First, hard to beat a good tailgate party. Last Xmas eve, we deep fried a turkey it the parking lot, as well as a lot of other delicious items. Pickles, frozen White Castle burgers, twinkies, oreos, fish (don't know what kind, I hate fish) cheescake, rainbow cookies... ...mmmm... wait, what were we talking about again? Oh, games, at the stadium being part of that cheering crowd, sharing the moments, seeing the whole field, so when a wide reciever is wide open down field and the QB doesn't see him you can go nuts. However, TV is great. You see thing you just can't see from the seats. I also have the Red Zone channel, so I can watch that when the Jets game isn't on, or gets too hard to watch.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Staduims are nice to watch home team on home feild, but gotta pay up for the good seats. but nothing like your living room/man cave cold beer, wings and good friends

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Stadium is fun sometimes.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer
    Chats: 24

For the money it costs to go to a game, I'll stay home.

$75 for mediocre seats
    $25 for parking with limited time to tailgate
    $9 drafts
    $6 hotdogs
    Two people going to a game and having a drink and a snack is a few hundred dollars. I would rather spend that money in my arcade

Chats: 0

I live about 6 blocks from Lambeau Field and grew up in Green Bay. It is my favorite place to watch a sporting event I have ever been to. The mrs and I usually go tailgate for most of the games and we are usually lucky enough to score a couple cheap tickets (even free on rare occasions) for at least one or two game each year. I also willing to pay for playoff tickets if I can swing it too.

I also went to school at the University of Wisconsin and went to a lot of Badgers games. College games are awesome too, very intense. Totally different atmosphere than pro games. Have been to a fair share of Milwaukee Brewers games too. Very nice ball park, wish the team was a little better though, but still lots of fun.

But I honestly have to agree with Davec, my couch is pretty awesome. Throw in a $13 case of beer, an $8 frozen pizza, and the Red Zone channel.....can't lose with that combo.

BTW, been to 5 different NFL stadiums, 3 different Big Ten stadiums and 4 MLB parks and Lambeau is the best overall by far. 2nd place goes to Three Rivers stadium, 3rd is Wrigley Field.

Chats: 7

Football I'd rather watch at home. Baseball on the other hand, I'd rather go to the stadium and listen on the radio. Hockey is better live and in person.