Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What sports did you play in High School/were you good?

Ringer
    Chats: 0

I wrestled a bitm but had to leave the team because of my grades and no I was not that great at it either. my main activity in highschool was parking lot duty.

Bri

My school didn't have all of those opportunities. You either ran track or played basketball. That gave about 14 kids in the school a chance to bounce a ball. Everyone else ran track except me. I got good at playing hooky.

Chats: 891

phonedrn8 i like that lol ...

when i was in grade 9 i played- football and baseball are football teamed sucks kinda barly made playoffs and beat out first game and in baseball we made the finaly and the stupid ref made us lose by counting a run when we got the 3rd out and they counted the run

when i was in grade 10 i played football and rugby- football same as grade 9 the hole same thing and i rugby we where the double A champtions

when i was in grade 11 i did track-ran the 100-200 and did long jump got beat in the 100 placed 1 in the 200 at kassa and could not do ofssa cause imessed up my leg at kassa doing the 200 almost beat the world record ran 18.8 seconds and hurt my leg at the last 25m wher ei was limping placed 1st in long jump made it all the way to east reginals on a hurt leg but lucky i jump off my left leg not my right leg jumped 8.72 feet new track record

and in grade 12 i did nothing other then be a lazy and miss school

Hockey. I played leftside defense and occasionally center. On defense I enjoyed roughing up the people in front of my net because the refs rarely ever call a penalty there unless you really get chippy. Center is fun as well because you don't really have a specific place to be, you are really just supposed to help out everywhere. Looking back I was probably a horrible center, I think I floated around and cherry picked too much.

Chats: 891

i also forgot to put in grade 11 in played basketball but only for a couple months thats when i hurt my leg and me and my buddy where the best on the team but we both could not play my leg got hurt and his leg got broke soo the team did alright threw out the rest of the year but not at its best

I was in the band lol...it's almost a sport :/ I was really good at both the playing and marching aspects. I'd say I was probably the 4th or 5th best trumpet player out of like 20+ and I'd say top 10 marchers in a 100+ member band...that's all I got lol.

Chats: 16

The only sport that really meant anything in my high school was Hockey... and in my short stint of playing in PeeWee and Mites, I spent more time in the penalty box than on the ice, so it wasn't for me. Anything I participated it during high school was considered a 'club' because it wasn't played against other schools, it was just for fun, i guess. So I did flag football club and bowling club. Nothing crazy.
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../signature.jpg
    THS Avg: 193/ High Game: 290/ Series: 803
    Sport Avg: 178/ High Game 278/ Series: 692

I played football, was a two year letterman at fullback and on Special Teams. I probably have forgotten more about the game than my alma mater's current coach knows.

Chats: 0

I played Basket Ball in high School. Played Power Forward and Small forward for two years. My 10th grade year I was looked at by University of Colorado. Ended up hurting my back my junior year and had to stop playing.
    In the bag: Arson Pearl, Hammer Nail,Wicked Encounter, Roto Grip Berserk, Pyramid Path
    Style: Cranker

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Left Defensive End (3 time high school USA Today all-American) Tight End, baseball where I played centerfield and was the closer. I never played football before my sophomore season. The coach saw me the first day I was at that school and told me I was playing. Turns out really strong kids who are quick, fast and have good hand and foot work from martial arts training are naturals for football. When I did my college scout drill day I ran the 40 in full pads 4.37 at 6' and 268lbs.
    After the state championship baseball game I played in a charity game (with college permission) and got my cleat stuck in the chainlink fence when I made a catch. My momentum took my body over tearing my left ACL. Scholarship was yanked the next day while I was in surgery. I was in the Army 10 days later. No, I did not disclose my injury and it was the right knee I tore up in the Gulf.
    Now all these years later, it takes me longer to think about running 40 yards than it use to take to do it.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast