Long and strong is what the Elite Purple Alien is all about.

Pin to PAP(5 1/8" over 1/8" up) - 5 1/4"
Dual Angle Layout - 45* x 5 1/4" x 65*
Balance Hole - 1" x 3" P2

Surface Preparation - Out of Box (Performance Polish)

What I Was Looking For In This Ball Layout:
This was our first series of ball tests for Elite. We had heard plenty of really good things about
their ball motion but never got to see it for ourselves.

To keep everything simple and so you can see the balls compared evenly we drilled all of my test balls identical with one of my favorite layouts. This layout should provide a clean motion through the heads with a strong revving motion in the mid-lane and plenty of energy for a quick back end reaction off of the friction.

What I Ended Up With in the Ball and Layout:
This was my favorite motion of the night. We tested on ball that was stronger then this and one that was smoother then this and by far the Purple Alien was my favorite.

I got a really solid ball motion from start to finish on this ball and throughout the test it did exactly what I thought it would do. From the heads on it was very clean and never jumped when it saw friction on the lane. It transitioned well into the middle part of the lane really revving up as it got further down lane.

As I watched the video back I realized it looks really smooth on the video but I promise this ball was giving me plenty of movement. Sometimes on these videos it is tough to see the overall movement and also this ball has no logos that show up while the ball is rolling so that makes it a little tricky on the
play back.

All in all I think the Purple Alien is a very solid ball to have in your arsenal and offers you a motion that would be a staple in your bag.