Thread: drilling protection?

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default drilling protection?

Hey everyone,

so Im shopping for a new ball online.. all the proshops in my area are charging above retail price for balls and I can get way better deal buying online and having them drill it. even if the price at the proshop includes drilling, fingertips and thumb slug. my question is most of the websites have that drilling protection, is that worth it, does anyone have a horror store about buying online and the ball cracks when getting it drilled?

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Basically, it has a lot to do with the skill of the pro shop. If they were to drill the bridge too narrow, do incorrect pitches on the fingers so they meet at the bottom, if they drill into the pin and don't drill it all out, if they don't bevel the holes before inserting grips or slug, drilling too fast so that the cuts aren't clean. All of these can cause cracking. It's not very common though.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Chats: 4

I would be willing to pay for the drilling protection myself when buying a ball
    on line and having it drilled locally. I have seen a ball crack as it was being
    drilled, as the drill bit went down a crack just showed up and it went half way
    across the ball and maybe it was a defect in the ball or maybe not but it still
    cracked.

I think if you let the on line site drill it for you then they are responsible to
    replace it if it cracks without you having to pay for the drilling protection I
    could be wrong about that though I'll have to check that out and find out
    for sure.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Step into my office

Chats: 42

You're correct about that got_a_300. At least I know that is the case with bowlingball.com.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.