Thread: It's about time.

Default It's about time.

Hello all,

Im a fairly new bowler! I moved from california to indiana in early june and took up bowling in July and sense then its been all i've done besides the occasional homework and ps3. I'm 17 and A Junior, As I began seriously bowling in about August I got my first ball, As well as getting hired at my local bowling center. And joining my highschool and carry about a 160 average. (fornow) It seems as I relax and practice alone I throw about a 210 average. But it's going to different alleys that kills me! Welp, Theres my introduction good night,good bowling. -Hunter

Super Moderator
    Chats: 91

Hi Hunter,

Welcome to BowlingBoards. Competition definitely adds a different condition to bowling. For one, there is additional pressure that you have to learn to deal with in a positive way. The mental game is VERY important.

There is also the fact that when bowling with others, the oil pattern will change more quickly. It's these changes that you have to be prepared for. Practicing different lines/angles to the pocket will help you in competition.

Different alleys (houses) also introduce differences. Actually, humidity can make a difference as well, even in the same house. The invisible barrier (oil) changes based on usage, humidity, lane surface, etc...

Welcome to and have fun in the sport.

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah I've been working on it and have practice in about an hour! Hopefully Ill get a pair of good oiled lanes today!