Over the course of their careers, Wendy Macpherson of Henderson, Nev., and Carolyn Dorin-Ballard of North Richland Hills, Texas, have experienced just about every aspect of competitive bowling. Now, they are about to take the next step.

For the first time, Macpherson and Dorin-Ballard will compete as members of Team USA when they lead a group of the best female bowlers in the country to the 2008 Pan American Bowling Confederation Women's Championships in Santiago, Chile, from Oct. 20-24.

The two Team USA newcomers will be joined by Diandra Asbaty of Chicago, Lynda Barnes of Double Oak, Texas, Liz Johnson of Cheektowaga, N.Y., and Kelly Kulick of Union, N.J., all of whom have been a part of the Team USA program in the past.

"It's going to be a real thrill to compete for Team USA, and I couldn't have asked for better teammates," said Macpherson, a long-time professional bowler who won 20 titles while on the Professional Women's Bowling Association Tour. "It will be a thrill to bowl with them instead of against them for once."

Players like Macpherson, Dorin-Ballard, Johnson and Kulick, who are professional bowlers, now are eligible to compete with Team USA in international competition, thanks to a change in World Tenpin Bowling Association legislation last year.

"Competing for Team USA is definitely going to be one of the highlights of my career, and it's almost like another chapter," said Dorin-Ballard, a 20-time PWBA champion. "It's going to be a great new experience. I'm looking forward to being part of a great team and bringing home gold medals for my country."

Competition at the PABCON Women's Championships begins Monday with singles and continues with doubles, trios, team and Masters. Medals also will be awarded in all-events.