Thread: Pba announces gemini as official jersey

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Default Pba announces gemini as official jersey

Gemini Sport Marketing, a leading designer and manufacturer of custom performance apparel, and the PBA announced today that Gemini will be the official jersey of the 2008-09 Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour.

Gemini was the key driver behind the evolution of the customized tournament jerseys that are now ubiquitous on the major fishing circuits. G2 jerseys now dominate the sport and have become must-have accessories for weekend and casual anglers alike.

“The PBA Tour will have a fresh overall look heading into the 50th Anniversary season due largely to these great jerseys, said PBA Vice-President and COO Tom Clark. “The PBA’s sponsors and the players’ sponsors will also benefit from this relationship with cleaner logo images and greater exposure.”

“We’ve done our research, and we’re convinced that the timing is right for all involved,” said Marty Glorvigen, Gemini’s CEO and co-owner. “We believe tour pros and their sponsors will welcome the creativity and fashionable designs we can offer. And as we saw in the fishing industry, we think casual bowlers will quickly embrace the enhanced look as well.”

Chris Barnes, 2007-08 PBA Player of the Year, was selected by Gemini as the face of its new campaign to reach the bowling market. Barnes will unveil his dynamic new jersey at the PBA World Championship in Wichita, Kansas, October 19-26.

Barnes will be featured in Gemini’s print and online advertising and make appearances for the brand at key events and trade shows.

“I’m honored that Gemini picked me to represent their brand to the bowling market,” said
    Barnes. “I’ve always felt that our sport deserved a more contemporary and stylish look, and there’s no doubt that Gemini’s designs are exactly what the doctor ordered. I know my sponsors are excited about it as well.”

CHRIS BARNES SHIRT LINK !!!!!!!

http://www.geminisportmarketing.com/...%20Barnes1.jpg
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Chats: 0

Well, I think they would look great on Pro Anglers/Bass Fishing, but look awful on PBA players.

I like the one solid color polo shirts sported by the likes of WRW, Norm Duke, Chris Barnes, Tommy Jones, and so on. The one exception to this is Danny Wiseman his personality fits with the flame Bowling Shirts he designed and wears.

Of course the player's sponsor would love these shirts their logo is huge compared to previous years.

But since I'm a hack League Bowler (read: sub-par League Bowler) and will never be on the Tour, I will never have to wear that very "Festive" shirt.

My vote: V.U.-Two thumbs down- (V.U.-Very Ugly)
    Last edited by Baroncad; 10-26-2008 at 01:19 PM.
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

I emailed them and and got an email back that the Chris Barnes shirt will run $ 95-115 per shirt
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums