Thread: VG Nano Pearl

Default VG Nano Pearl

Hello everyone and thanks for reading...... you can find my youtube video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou-kD...el_video_title

You can't go to a league night nowadays without running into a number of bowlers throwing the Nano. I have seen many people using them of all facets of the game but I always saw them go away after a game or so but now they don't have to. The introduction of the Nano Pearl was inevitable and everyone (including myself) looked forward to it. With this sought after introduction bowlers no longer have to sacrifice the hitting power they are used to while throwing the Nano. This ball clears the heads with ease and still picks up a great midlane roll, just like its predecessor. However, the backend reaction is much stronger and a much sharper. Some bowlers did not like the additional length the Pearl gives them forcing them to move further right than comfortable with and for them I would urge you to lightly scuff the surface with a 4000 abralon pad. The pearl coverstock will still allow you to get through the heads cleanly and will also allow this ball to handle any possibility of carry down. HITTING POWER!!!!!! AND AMAZING ANGLE !!!!!! What more could you want out of a ball. Keep up the great work Storm.

I plan to purchase a Nano this week but I am unsure if I should get the solid or the pearl. I recently returned to this game and feel as though I know close to nothing about new ball technology.

I now throw the Victory Road solid. I start it on the seventh board with a good amount of speed on it and it normally comes in pretty good. On days that it is not coming in as hard as I like I have to take speed off of it. I want a more agresive ball so I can continue to throw hard and still get the break I want.

From what little I know I think the solid balls break more. I just prefer the look of the pearl. Can someone tell me the pros and cons of the two?

thanks
    dave

Hello all, and I am glad that I found this forum.

I do need some help with trying to determine if the VGPN will be a good ball for my son. He is 13, bowls in 2 leagues (sport and house). His average in house is a 160, and in sport is a 150. He currently has a Taboo Blue Silver, a Swagga, Elevate, and Freeze. The problem we are having is that his Taboo is more of an arc ball and not a down the lane and snap. He has started to throw the ball harder and is not getting any real hook out of the Taboo. I have been looking at the VGNP and from what I have seen it is a great ball to go down and snap in the backend, but many people are saying it is too agressive for a 13 year old that has medium revs and throws consistantly about 15mph.

Would the VGNP be a good fit with what we have. I know that unless you truly see him bowl, it is hard to tell so i am just asking in general.

Thanks

Jason

Chats: 891

well jsneed theres two factors to this you dont really need to see someone bowl u have have too tell a person how he throws how fast and how much rave rat he has cause me im 2 types of a bowler im a power house bowler and im also a stroker for when the right side of the lanes have mid oil i go power house i go all the way left realieng on the 30-35 board and pushing it out to the 10 but i got 450-550 rev rate and 16mph speed but thats not the main thing the vgnp would be a good ball but u can also have the freeze do the same thing i throw a freeze my self well i got 3 i have them all drilled different the layout is the main part to a bowling ball bepends on how you ge tit drilled my freeze's are driller 1-length with storn arc ( for when i want to shoot streght up) 2-length with sharp backend ( so i can open up the lanes alittle if my line starts to burn out) and 3-massive hook (soo i can go all the way left and play the hole lane ) see i can shoot with those 3 layouts on any oil contion from dry to heavy oil oo just keep one thing in mind the layout is a key part of a bowling ball soo if your looking for length on a ball that will pull back in hard at the end u should get a ball drilled for length with a sharp backend it works perfect it hits the pocket hard main thing to that type of drilling if you go off your line 1-1 1/2 boards your ball will break different and might hit the pocket but with not as much stregth soo i hope this helps you figure something out and the vgnp would be a great ball is has alot of carry i have too shoot mine for when the lanes start to burn out cause my carrys so much