Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10th Frame Etiquette

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    The sore looser gripes if you hit a perfect pocket hit and get a strike and look out if you happen to hit a high
    flush strike or a cross over strike he just goes off the deep end of gripping on those hits..
    Those are my favorite bowlers to bowl against. It's so dang easy to get into their heads.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJim View Post
    Those are my favorite bowlers to bowl against. It's so dang easy to get into their heads.
    I soooo enjoy beating those guys. We have one team like that in the Sunday league and it makes me try just that little harder. It's genuinely the only team I play against where winning is a huge pleasure rather than just a nice bonus
    Tony

1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes - I think it's more exciting when you get back and forth lead changes all the way through the 10th and the anchor bowlers
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

Bowler
    Chats: 2

what happened to those jerk comments that were posted earlier?

But yeah, beating sore losers puts icing on the cake. I rarely cross over so I don't normally get Brooks, but just enjoy winning cleanly. I really hate losing close games myself.

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by vgw
    I really hate losing close games myself.
    I do not mind losing close games or even losing by a wide margin as long
    as I know that I have bowled my best game and did not cause the loss by
    missing a single pin spare. If I'm the cause of a lost game I allow myself to
    get upset with myself for 1 minute between games then I shake it off put it
    behind me and start the next game. I always say never drudge hard feelings
    towards the other team or your self into the next game always start off the
    new game fresh minded again just as if you hadn't bowled a game yet.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

some people are just sore losers and need something to complain about when they lose which basically the buzz killers in bowling
    i dont mind playing with them as long as there not on my team, bowling is about having fun and meeting new people that like to do the same

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
    bowling is about having fun and meeting new people that like to do the same
    I couldn't have said it better myself and you are 100% correct it is all about having
    fun and not getting upset and getting others upset either.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by littlelegs View Post
    I soooo enjoy beating those guys. We have one team like that in the Sunday league and it makes me try just that little harder. It's genuinely the only team I play against where winning is a huge pleasure rather than just a nice bonus
    My wife hates that I do this, because she thinks someone will go postal and shoot me someday, but when a sore loser or nagging complainer is on the other team I ham it up and make a big production out of whatever bugs him. If he gripes about a crossover strike, and I roll one, I turn around and make eye contact with him as soon as I do it and do a fist pump or something.

"Ohhhhh yeaaaaaahhhhhh!".

More often than not, they'll just shut up, roll their eyes, whatever. I don't do it to psyche them out (although that's an ancillary benefit) I just hate the killjoys that ruin the fun of a league.

What I can't stand is the team that wants to bowl evenly all game long. It takes forever. I dont mind so much if they want the 10th frame to bowl out evenly, but playing that way all game is mind numbing.

I would say that you should bowl as normal in the 10th. Make sure your'e clear to either side and go for it. It's not televised so who really cares about lining the score up? Plus you should always be playing your best.

If you're playing with baggers, you just have to let it go and possibly think about the 10th playing out evenly as you get closer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12