Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All New Balls Storm,ebonite

Chats: 891

alright yeah i will give him a call when my phones back up and running once i pay the bill but yeah but im wondering who would buy a ball not get it drilled and then sell it for alot less then its price i have never heard of that i would of thrown it down the lane
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by striker12 View Post
    but im wondering who would buy a ball not get it drilled and then sell it for alot less then its price i have never heard of that
    LOL, Okay here we go!

Lets see who would sell undrilled balls? Well pro-shops with normal stock, overstock or older product, distributors, resellers, drop shippers etc.

The price is less because pro-shops, distributors, resellers get them for less than what you pay for it. Hes either making a profit or selling at cost or a loss to get rid of them. Also they could be seconds.

Also that phone number is around las vegas, nevada. There a lot of high roller tournaments and such there, lot of people selling balls to make money.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 03-21-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Actually, with shipping, the ball is less expensive if you buy it from bowlingball.com. The $28 shipping puts the Marvel Pearl at $153.00 where it is $140.95 on bb.com. And a lot of people will stock up on NIB balls that are popular at the time and sell them for a profit online once they are discontinued.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Have to watch on shipping, if they live in another country. Might not be free from bb.com or he might charge more than $28 for outside us shipping.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

yeah bowl i understand proshop buying thema and selling them but i mena as of bowlers like me and you but yeah i have gotten a ball from bb.com the hrr difference its not that much they cna jsut ship it to the board at canada customs and the hst and dusties is not that much only had to pay $27.85 for it which is cheap but i would deffently buy another ball from bowlingball.com once i get money back on my credit card.

but also jsut sold one of my bowling balls my hawg wild this oen guys really likes hammer balls and he already has all the other hawgs other then the hawg and hawg wild but know he has the hawg wild im defently not going to sell the hawg for a few reasons.

1-its been drilled 3 times
    2-i shot my first 300 with it
    3-its hard to get one of these

but i sold the buy the hawg wild cause he wanted it so badly and it has been drilled 2 times for $40 but i let him test it out befor he bought it and he threw a 279-220-202 with it

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by striker12 View Post
    yeah bowl i understand proshop buying thema and selling them but i mena as of bowlers like me and you
    First we dont know what this sellers story is. You dont have to be a pro shop to sell new bowling balls.

I'll make up a example-

I want to make some extra money, so I decide to sell bowling balls. Im going to do it using the drop shipping method.

I come here and list some balls, like this.
    for sale NEW balls
    14 & 15# Storm Blowhard $140
    15# Storm Breakingwind $130

Shipping $25

Now you want to buy say a 15# Blowhard, it costs you $165 thats $140+$25. You order it from me and send me your money.

I Then go to a retailer or wholesaler and have them ship it directly to you. They charge me say a $100 for the ball and $20 for shipping it to you.

So the wholesaler gets $120 and I get $45 for being the middleman.

Or I can go to the wholesaler buy a small lot of balls for a low price, list them on here and handle the shipping myself.

Theres more to it than that but thats the basic idea.

Or lets say Im like the guys on auction Hunters tv show. I bought a unit full of new balls that belonged to a closed proshop. I come on here list them for sale.

There are bunches of reasons someone would be selling undrilled balls.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 03-21-2012 at 04:28 PM.

alright i get what your saying but yeah.

jsut had the guy hta bought my hawg wild he offered me $150 for my hawg but i turned it down cause i want the hawg cause its got me 1 300s and i can get more with it soo im going to keep it or should i sell it to him for the $150 and get a new ball

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

$150 for a seven yearold ball thats been drilled three times...........Thump!....fall on floor.........pass out.........

lol im going to take that for go for it cause this guy likes to colect all kinds of hammer balls plus he also has a glen stuff that he cant put in the old holes and make it look like its never been drilled i would beleave that when i see it

Step into my office

Chats: 42

What is a glen stuff?
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast