Thread: Wrist Support/glove...

Default Wrist Support/glove...

Hello everyone! In the continued efforts of bowling consistently, I was wondering what anyone thought of wrist guards/wirst supports/...and/or gloved wrist supports? I have been slowly going back to the gym but I can still feel my wrist break a little...at least my thumb skips just a wee bit on my downswing. I've heard that when your thumb does slip out of it's hole, your wrsit might be breaking out of it's straight and narrow position. Is this true?

I've been contemplating a wrist support of some kind for a while now and kinda not sure if I should get one. I durely don't want to get one if my wrist is not the problem. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo!

DaRoadHawg

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by DaRoadHawg View Post
    I was wondering what anyone thought of wrist guards/wrist supports/...and/or gloved wrist supports? I have been slowly going back to the gym but I can still feel my wrist break a little...at least my thumb skips just a wee bit on my downswing. I've heard that when your thumb does slip out of it's hole, your wrist might be breaking out of it's straight and narrow position. Is this true?

I've been contemplating a wrist support of some kind for a while now and kinda not sure if I should get one. I surely don't want to get one if my wrist is not the problem. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I had the same thing happen to me, right before my release at the ankle my wrist would break and pain would commence.
    My remedy was:
    1. Bought a Ebonite Mag Force 9000 glove wrist support approx. $27.00
    here's the link Mag force 9000
    2. Daily wrist exercises with 20# dumbell
    3. Stopped extreme cupping of wrist.

I have since removed the steel plate from glove, wrist has not broke in 7 months.
    But I still use the glove, because the tack on the glove gives me better grip on my ball.

Here are some other wrist supports that I have aquired:
    1.Columbia 300 Pro Wrist Glove Red/Blackl (given to me)
    2. Robby's Revs 2 (bought used twice)
    3. Pro Release Wrist Support (bought on ebay used 4 times)

If you go the route of buying a wrist support, compare several at your local Pro Shop. Testing them out before buying for feel and comfort will save you greatly.
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

Thanks for the reply, Baronclad!

With all of the wrist supports you named, which one would you recommend? I know it will boil down to which one feels comfortable for me, but you listed a few of them and they all look good to try. And I'll add some wrist excercies with my workout routine as well!

Thanks again for the assisstance! I'll let you know how it goes in a few...

Mahalo!

DaRoadHawg

Thanks for the suggestion. With the investment of purchasing an Ebonite Clash for my better half, I also picked up an Ebonite Pro-Form Positioner for myself. After getting her ball drilled, we went to practice. It work great! I was abe to not worry about my wrist breaking and also noticed my elbow not giving way as well.

The next day was our league. Being excited to try out my new technique during league play, I was looking forward to bowling. Well, it didn't turn out as well as I though. Although I was bowling more consistent thn before, I wasn't able to find my mark. In the middle of the second game, I took it of and noticed that my wrist wasn't breaking, even without the wrist guard. Awesome! Still not being able to find my mark, I pretty much know what I need to work on. My timing and hitting my mark consistently is what I need to focus on...for now.

Thanks again for the help! It is much appreciated

Mahalo!
    Current Ball: Hammer Road Hawg
    Current Spare Ball: Brunswick TZone
    Current Bowling Center: Brunswick Mesa
    Current League: Saints and Sinners

In the continued efforts of improving my game, here is where I'm at...
    Low Game:92 (really bad day!)
    High Game:211 (awesome!)

Status of league play: As of 3/08/2009
    Last League play average: 171
    Running average: 157

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 0

Not a problem, that's what we are all here for to help each other and for support.

Finding your mark (again) will come to you. I've lost mine so many times I have lost count, but it always comes back (eventually)
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums