Thread: DV8 Hell Raiser Revenge Bowling Ball Reaction Video

Super Moderator
    Chats: 91

Default DV8 Hell Raiser Revenge Bowling Ball Reaction Video

Wow, what a bowling ball. The DV8 Hell Raiser Revenge bowling ball just pushed the top of the bowlingball.com Perfect Scale(tm) up.

Here is Tony Ruocco's Review:

Give your opponents a smack down with the DV8 Hell Raiser Revenge bowling ball!

Pin to PAP(5 1/8" over 1/8" up) - 6 1/4"
    Dual Angle Layout - 70* x 6 1/4" x 30*
    Balance Hole - n/a

Surface Preparation - Out of Box (500/2000 Siaair Micro Pad)

What I Was Looking For In This Ball Layout:
    With the second release in DV8's high performance Hell Raiser line we were excited to see what the newest, edgiest company was coming out with.

We had heard from our contacts at DV8 that the Revenge was anywhere from 6-12 boards stronger then the original Hell Raiser depending on the bowler. The thought of that itself got us all excited to throw this ball because the first Hell Raiser was a beast and possibly one of the strongest balls we had thrown last year.

Since we were expecting so much hook I went with one of my favorite layouts for stronger balls that I wanted to be able to use on house shots and that is with the pin up over my middle finger and the mass bias above my thumb. Over the years I had used this layout on some of the strongest balls we have tested and it created enough skid with the out of box finish to allow me to get in deep and just watch the ball change directions at the break point.

What I Ended Up With in the Ball and Layout:
    There has to come a point when the ball companies can not make these balls hook anymore. Obviously DV8 has not found that point yet.

The new Hell Raiser Revenge raises the bar for total hook potential to an all new level. I know we say it a lot with new high performance balls but this may be the most aggressive ball ever. As someone I know said after watching the ball reaction, "it makes other high performance balls look like urethane going down the lane."

The ball motion was just ridiculous for me. It was super clean through the heads, even though I was playing deeper then I have in ages during a ball test
    I was able to get this ball back from anywhere. The motion off the break point was unlike anything we have seen int he past. It did not seem to matter
    how far right or far down lane I moved my break point, the Revenge seemed to always find that spot and come back from it.

Overall the statement of 6-12 boards stronger was very accurate. I believe I had this ball about 7 boards stronger then the original Hell Raiser and our other ball tester had it an easy 10-12 boards stronger. This may be one of the most fun videos to watch in a while. Make sure you check this ball and video out.

Chats: 4

That is truly a beast of a ball I'll have to get one on the 23rd of this month
    when it is released. I have the original Hellraiser and although it is a good
    ball it does not compare anywhere on the hook power to the new ball.

John if you happen to read this I was just wondering why you quit doing the
    ball videos and did I hear Tony say on Talk Bowling it was for medical reasons?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill