Question from Terry:
Q - I use a 16lbs bowling ball when i bowl. what is the different between a 15lbs and a 16lbs bowling ball when it comes to bowling?

A - We receive questions like this quite often. The truth of the matter is back in the day (say pre 2000), you wanted a heavier bowling ball that could provide more driving power into the pin deck. However, with today's technology, they are finding out that it is not the complete story. You still want the heaviest bowling ball you can control, but you don't have to have a 16# bowling ball to succeed.

Nowadays, you can change your bowling ball weight to also help you change your speed. I don't know how advisable this is, but it may work for some bowlers.

Winners:
For our 100th episode, we gave away a bunch of t-shirts and a Pyramid Double Roller Bowling Bag. We want to thank everyone for participating and making our 100th episode such a success. We have brought on some new viewers that had not heard of our podcast before.

For a complete list of winners, go to talkbowling.com, episode 100. We put the list of winners in the comments.

How to contact us
Email us questions@talkbowling.com
Leave a comment on TalkBowling.com
On Twitter we are @TalkBowling

Last Week's Question of the Week:
Q - Who holds the PBA record for longest winning streak on television? How many matches?
A - 16, Jim Pencak (1989-91)

Question of the Week:
Q - How many 300 games have been bowled on tv, and when was the last?
A - Watch the next episode

Contest reminder:
bowlingball.com gives away a brand new bowling ball every week of the year. 52 weeks, 52 winners. All you have to do is signup for our contest weekly.
Also through the end of the 2012, there is a separate giveaway just for participating on BowlingBoards.com. Come join the community of bowlers there, discuss equipment, lane conditions, tips, techniques, and more. Every post you make is an entry into a drawing for a brand new bowling ball.

Closing:
Please remember that bowlingball.com is free shipping on every item, every day. No hidden handling fees, no packaging fees, no added insurance fees. The price shown is the price you pay at checkout. No Surprises.