Thread: New Bowler, New Member

Default New Bowler, New Member

I just started bowling a few weeks ago. I'd say "just started bowling seriously," but honestly I didn't bowl at all before that (a few times over the course of years, but no more than once a year). Bought a ball that just arrived a few days ago.

I'm 21, in my 3rd semester at a local college.

My average right now is give-or-take 90, but it's climbing ever so slowly. Last week I bowled a 139. I had to call someone when I walked out of the bowling alley, because I was really proud of myself.

Chats: 4

Welcome to the forums Linsolv,
    keep up the good work and you'll get better.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Hello I've been bowling since 2003 and have done fairly okay. When I first bowled in Oregon I was averaging about 170 with a high score of 250 in a USBC sanctioned league. I've tried hitting a perfect 300 game in a practice game but that was also nerve racking. I've broken a six hundred series quite a few times. Now I bowl in the Northern Mariana Islands and I just recently got back after a three year absence. I don't bowl as much as before due to family and work responsibilities. I'm still getting my rythm back but I've done pretty well in the past couple of weeks.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Welcome to the forum folks. great bunch of folks here to learn from.

Bri

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Welcome to the site! Keep practicing and 139 will soon be at the bottom end of your games!
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Linsolv, good job on the game! That is great! Keep your head down and do well.

Momo, I have the same story except mine started in 1991. I took almost 8 years off and came back. Good luck!

Ray

Went out for my twice-weekly class (basically 7 weeks of just bowling 3 games, twice a week) today and bowled a 118, 91, 125 series. Which is only 2 pins behind the series where I bowled my 139.

It was weird cause I was mad as a hornet through most of the first and second games. I couldn't seem to settle in all through the first--got myself psyched out about sliding on my 5th step while we were waiting for them to turn the lanes on--and then in the second game I had a ton of hits I thought were clean in the pocket, but left either the 7 or the 2 pin standing after the break. Then I looked up and I was the highest score on my pair of lanes and I was honestly surprised.

EDIT: To avoid the double post, I actually did even better this time. 118, 141, 87 series, which makes it my highest series and my best individual game to date. I probably should've done better in the 2nd game, but I blew the 10th frame when I realized I was on track to make my new personal best if I hit more than one pin. Then I hit three and was in such a good mood I just threw the ball totally hap-hazardly.
    Last edited by Linsolv; 02-02-2012 at 07:49 PM.