Thread: Talk Bowling #103 - Dry Lanes Bowling Ball Suggestions

Super Moderator
    Chats: 91

Default Talk Bowling #103 - Dry Lanes Bowling Ball Suggestions

Question from SGT Wes Phelps:
    Q - I have always bowled with conventional drilled holes. What are the advantages and disadvantages with the Finger Tips or Conventional. Thanks for your time and attention.

A - First of all I want to say thank you for what you do for our country. I was going to answer this by email, but I wanted to say this, so I waited

As for the answer, you can watch Talk Bowling episode #12 for a more in depth answer. In short, a finger tip grip will allow you hook and control the bowling ball much more easily.

Question from Phong:
    Q - Hello Tony and John!

There are a lot of balls out there which are good for dry lanes. I really need a ball for dry lanes that has a good weight block for more carry. Which ball do you guys use for dry lanes and is it better to use urethane for dry lanes instead of reactive resin. Thanks for the tip!!!

A - You are correct, there are many to choose from. This is really going to depend on how dry. If you are talking about a Saturday morning where the lanes were not oiled from Friday's leagues and after the youth group has bowled, then you may want a plastic bowling ball. However, you are probably referring to at least a little oil on the lanes, in which case my go to bowling ball is still a Brunswick Slingshot.

Some other suggestions would be the Storm Polar Ice, Storm Tropical Storm

Sponsor:
    This weeks episode is brought to you by DV8 Bowling. Check the all new Hell Raiser Revenge from DV8. The Hell Raise Revenge offers easy length through the front and mid-lane with a very quick response to friction on he backend creating a highly angular motion for a matte finish ball that tears through the pins on medium oily to oily lane conditions.

Check out our ball reaction video to see the Revenge in action.

How to contact us
    Email us questions@talkbowling.com
    Leave a comment on TalkBowling.com
    On Twitter we are @TalkBowling

Last Week's Question of the Week:
    Q - On January 8, 2012, two jaw dropping events happened on the PBA telecast. One was Jason Belmonte's 300, the other was Josh Blanchard's sticking in his thumb hole and ending up in the gutter. What are your thoughts on how the media covered this event?
    We would like to commend Josh's professional handling of this event and we are also happy to say that he was not seriously injured.

Winner of the bowingball.com T Shirt was Leona Gibbs. Thank you fr participating, we will contact you via Facebook to get all of your informtion.

Question of the Week:
    Q - Who are the two Finnish born bowlers to win PBA major titles?
    A - Watch the next episode

Dont forget about our Choose Your Path Contest going on right now. Help Pyramid Bowling get to 1000 likes on Facebook and they will give away your choice of a Path bowling ball, a Path Single Deluxe Tote or Double Roller and your choice of a men's, woman's or youth shoe.

Contest reminder:
    bowlingball.com gives away a brand new bowling ball every week of the year. 52 weeks, 52 winners. All you have to do is signup for our contest weekly.
    Also through the end of the 2012, there is a separate giveaway just for participating on BowlingBoards.com. Come join the community of bowlers there, discuss equipment, lane conditions, tips, techniques, and more. Every post you make is an entry into a drawing for a brand new bowling ball.

Closing:
    Please remember that bowlingball.com is free shipping on every item, every day. No hidden handling fees, no packaging fees, no added insurance fees. The price shown is the price you pay at checkout. No Surprises.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Mika and Osku