Thread: 2012 USBC Nationals (Baton Rogue)

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default 2012 USBC Nationals (Baton Rogue)

"The lane pattern for the 2012 United States Bowling Congress Open Championships will be released and discussed in "Open Championships Kickoff 2012" — a live webcast on BowlTV from the Baton Rouge River Center at 3 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 10, the day before the tourney starts, USBC announced Wednesday."

Not sure why they bother announcing it anymore. It barely ever changes.

Anyone else think it'd be fun to see them do something other than a medium pattern? Throw a 33 footer out there... or a 47 footer.

There's a reason the same teams are at the top every year. Sure, they're mostly good bowlers, but there's also little to modify in your approach from year to year when you're not really changing the pattern much.

Would love to see them mix it up. They could even keep it on schedule. Just rotate. Medium one year, then Long, then short, and repeat.

That'd make nationals a lot more fun, in my opinion. Any thoughts?

Step into my office

Chats: 42

I agree that it would make it more interesting! However, a short pattern for team event would not be fun!
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

This will be my first year participating in Nationals. What kind of pattern has it been in the past? Has it been sloppy all around or is it dry on the edges?

Step into my office

Chats: 42

It's a medium/long pattern for team which doesn't promote swinging the ball. You'll want to keep the ball away from anything past the 10 board. Doubles and singles can dry out quite a bit and cause you to move left.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Chats: 4

They could always throw something like the sport patterns or the PBA patterns
    out on the lanes from year to year and make it interesting.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

The USBC does a good job of making a pattern that any bowler can do well, but still make the better bowlers do the best. They change it every 3 years, and then add or change the oil a little bit the next couple of years. They are going to announce that they are going to oil before each squad this year. That will make a huge improvement to scores for double and singles.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member
    Bowling Center Manager/Pro Shop Operator/Bowling Coach