Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does one become a Professional bowler?

*twin cities being Minneapolis/St. Paul

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Bowling on sport shots is always a good idea. It makes you not only get to know the oil itself, but also gets people to get used to a more consistent line. Most house shots allow people to miss their mark and still get to the pocket. Sport patterns do the opposite. They help people advance their game much faster than house shots could do, although they will brooze the confidence a bit
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member
    Bowling Center Manager/Pro Shop Operator/Bowling Coach

Chats: 16

check bowl.com for your regional rep's information and ask them if they run any in your area. Usually there is a sport league over summers - not too many run over the winters. It's 14 weeks or so... and it's a really good experience. Although, idk if they do the PBA shots anymore because they trademarked/licensed them. They still have other sport shots though put out by Kegel, and they are just as difficult. It'll help you out with accuracy, lane reading, and spare shooting. I highly recommend checking it out.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

They did stop doing the PBA experience leagues last year, but they paid the fee again this year, so you will probably find a few centers willing to do them.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member
    Bowling Center Manager/Pro Shop Operator/Bowling Coach

Chats: 891

well bowling on the tour is up to the bowlers decistion i know a few people that have high avgs and then i know 3 people with 5-12 and 25 300s and non of them are going to join the tour notfor money reasons but because of the pressure that comes form joining the tour that might be one reason why people are not taking it up me i have been in some turnnys and theres alot of pressure it was hard but i onyl carry a 144 avg know but a 162 back when i tryed it soo im just practising know to get better

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Do the sport league. It will help you improve tremendously. Instead of having a 12 board margin of error like a house shot, you will have 2 boards. It really helps with targeting. In my area we have several guys averaging of 230 in normal leagues. All but two average less than 170 on sport patterns. My average is lousy but at least I manage to average the same in both leagues and usually higher than average in tournaments out of town. We have wood lanes (on their last cut) and a seriously dry house shot.
    We do have one guy that averages over 240. I asked why he never tried going pro. He hates traveling, even hates driving on the highway. I thought he was just giving an excuse until I learned he usually has to be driven to the state tourney.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Banned
    Chats: 100

Bowling in the PBA is a huge mental game. Constantly having to estimate where to move/adjust and how to play each lane. Also it's a competition so you have to worry about other people bowling your line or even trying to take your line away from you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12