Thread: What burns more?

Chats: 16

Default What burns more?

20 Weeks in, and I was still in a slump. Average was down 14 pins from last year... and nearing my sport league average. What a joke. It was one of the worst slumps that I've had in a long time. Then, I came across this site. Found great exorcises and practice drills, talked with some good people, and within the last 2 weeks I've noticed considerable difference back up to the scores i haven't seen since last season.

Ffwd to last night's league. By third game I have a decent total going in, but my goal is a 700. Start off with a six-bagger (I like to call them turduckens), then watch number 7 break early, go high and leave a 3-6. Make my spare move on. Start up on the next lane, make my 1 board adjustment left, and watch the ball skid a bit too far and leave the 2-8. Made my spare and struck out for a 699 series.

Now... here's what I ask of you, and the question is somewhat reminiscent of that Mighty Ducks moment "just a quarter inch to the left..." Instead of making the adjustment on the lane that I hadn't gone high on yet, if I were to stay in that same spot, I go 278 and make my 700, but then I miss my first 300 yet again, by 1 strike.

What hurts more to you guys? missing a milestone series by 1 pin, or going 11/12 and missing your 300. And would this be your first 300, or have you done it before?

Chats: 891

well the thing that would hurt more is missing the milestone cause onc eu get the milestoneyour happy and cause your 300 if you get cloe to it with a 279 then u know u can do it again and u know where u messed up soo then u jsut think of that and fix it thats what happened to me but i finished with a 253 messed up in the 9ths and 10th

I've been in this situation before and honestly, I never thought the day would come that I would ever shoot 300, let alone 800 all in the same day. You're going to get a day where you just can't miss. Everyone has their good and bad days. I started this year off averaging 230 and I was smoking the pocket. 5 weeks later, I missed all the time and couldn't shoot anything over 650 for over 12 weeks. It was a nightmare and each night I suffered through it. I found motivation to become a better bowler and straighten out my game. 3 weeks of busting my ***, practicing, and getting some help, I finally did it. Sometimes, you just need some re-assurance of your bowling game. I'm very mental about my game and compose myself, no matter my surroundings. I've learned that with a lot of practice. Before my 300 and 800, I had 289 4 times. 4 pin twice, and 8 pin twice. One of those pins slid over and didn't fall. Trust me, it will come as long as you stay dedicated. Not all adjustments will make the strikes come. Spares make games and bowlers themselves much better. You'll find the pins falling one day, and standing another. Keep your chin up and realized it's just a couple days of bowling in the books.

Chats: 16

I'm in that boat man - I have a 290, (2) 289s (10 pin and 9 pin), (2) 288's and idk how many 27X games... the only time I shot a 300 was in practice, about 30 minutes before I started league. That one hurt.

I personally don't care if it's in practice or not. It's still a great thing to accomplish and it's the fact you know you can throw the perfect game. It's still quite the accomplishment and it's not that easy. I love the game, not the scores. Not trying to sound like I don't bowl for the score, but I do it for the experience. I love it and even if I never did it, I'd still strive to achieve that game. I still do today as I crave more. I always will. However, I don't bowl just for a 300. I bowl to get better, win tournaments and leagues, and become one of "those" guys out there.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I'm still in the hunt for both of these milestones. I think that missing the 700 would be harder to take, especially if I blamed myself for making an adjustment on the wrong lane. While I'd love to shoot 300 there are just too many things beyond our control in this game to worry about not being perfect.
    John

No 300 for me yet but I have had my share of 700s. Although I would love to bowl the 300, I prefer the series since it shows you are good through 3 games instead of the 1.

Chats: 891

i want to shoot a 300 in leauge instead of pre bowling another one but im still looking for the 700 series i have been 1 pin off close to over 10 times

but this year my games and avg has been going up and down from very oily lanes to dead dry no oil on the lanes and its getting hard to bowl on but i cant let those kinds of thoughts get into my head or i wont do good i have to keep a positive mind soo knowing that i can do it and i will do it and it will happen someday this year im looking for at least a 280+ game