Thread: black widow

Chats: 891

Default black widow

i got a blakc widow for the past couple years it has been doing perfect but reacently i ahve changed my bowling style to help me with my accurace abit cause i use to mussle the ball but know i dont i still got the same shot jsut alittle more streghter and more revs but speeds still at 16mph but i use to make the black widow hook alot and shoot lots of high 200 games but since i have changed my blakc widow dose not hook anymore at all even on a dead dry lane and it my most hooking bowling ball can anyone tell me a tip that might help out to get it back to hooking

it dose have 2 gouges in it but there on the opatice side of my line soo they dont do nothing they have been there for a long time

Take the ball to your local Pro shop and see if they can de-oil and resurface the ball back to factory finish. These balls will absorb oil and will not react like they did when they were new. This should bring some life back to the ball. You can go on line and see how to deoil the ball yourself but I would be very careful because you can do more harm than good. You can go on line and find out what grit pad or sandpaper to use to resurface the ball, but you will need a ball spinner to do it yourself. Again take it to your local pro shop to have these done. Keep in mine ball maintance is critical with todays balls. Hope this help. Good luck and Good bowling.

Chats: 891

ok thanks i have been getting it resurfaced but it still not doing much maby a etra 1 or 2 board hook but i will try that get them to put it in a bowl oven to get the oil out of it i take my balls to the proshop every 60 games to get resurfaced but some balls work after it but not many and maby i might get the black widow redrilled too make it hook in alittle more maby drilled for massive hook which would help me out abit on the heavy oil