Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: about bowling turnnys ex nationals or the tour

Chats: 891

Default about bowling turnnys ex nationals or the tour

ok i have been bowling for 4 years but i have also gotten pritty good but im also jsut wondering wat dose it feel like going into those turnnys and if anyone can giv eme some tips on what i should get my avg too befor i try out one and maby other thigns if you guys think of them.

thanks for help everyone

and also forgot which type of bowling ball should i take me with like as in entry lvl mid or high and how many i do have columbia 300 balls but im looking to get other brands too expand my skill and learn more about how they move

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I would say that if you can afford the entry fee and any other associated costs with bowling in the tourney ( travel, etc.) do it now.
    If you're talking about PBA events there may be a minimum average to enter.
    What balls to bring really depends on what the conditions will be at the tournament.
    You really need to find out as much about the tournament before you enter as you can.
    Some have dress codes or other rules that can cost the unwary bowler from cashing or even competing.
    John

ok thanks but im deffently not ready for the PBA but i think for the PBA the minumum avg there is a 180 i think not fully sure but i will try to get in as many turnnys as i can for the experice i have been bowling in are junior bowling turnnys the team, doubles and singles, which are not much cause there not many teenage bowlers anymore and then i also bowl at my junior prov that one is hard because u got alot of good bowlers from my state to bowl agenst my best i have ever placed in prov was 7th in the doubles but that was also on my first year bowling but i will learn abit more and get some new balls that can work on multiple pattern but not till maby next year

PBA

You must average at least 200 in an USBC sanctioned league or 190 in a sanctioned Sport or PBA Experience league.

ok thanks i will get that next year but idk if my bowling allie is even USBC sanctioned i will have to check

Chats: 16

if you're in a youth league, you would have had a sign up fee. this usually covers sanction... check with your league president.
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../signature.jpg
    THS Avg: 193/ High Game: 290/ Series: 803
    Sport Avg: 178/ High Game 278/ Series: 692

ok yeah we pay $20 befor the bowling starts like 1-2 weeks ahead of time but thanks at least ik this but also i could of just asked my bowling coach he is 2nd chair in the bowling association here in canada but im going to try for my first sanctioned 300 game this year hope i get it

ok by next year im going to have my avg up by practicing this summer in a summer leauge and work on my throw alot soo for when bowling starts in september i can try to carry at least a 180+ avg and im going to try to make it to a few nations and any other turnnys that i come by im just going to take the rest of this year to learn abit more and work on my shot also to slow down my arm abit

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by striker12 View Post
    ok by next year im going to have my avg up by practicing this summer in a summer leauge and work on my throw alot soo for when bowling starts in september i can try to carry at least a 180+ avg and im going to try to make it to a few nations and any other turnnys that i come by im just going to take the rest of this year to learn abit more and work on my shot also to slow down my arm abit
    Well you got a plan there! You might try bowling in a scratch league too. Going up against some elite bowlers in a real competitive environment, that will help with bowling in real pressure situations like those.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast