Thread: Plastic-Fantastic

Chats: 16

Default Plastic-Fantastic

I had mentioned a few times that there was a night in our league a few weeks back where the oil machine got clogged somehow. Therefore, it cleaned the lanes and never laid any oil back down...

Ended up shooting an amazing 428 that night. If you will notice my spare ball starts it's curve just after the arrows.

Please feel free to critique my form
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnuExrIhA4U

sorry for the vulgarity by our opponent.
    Last edited by DaveAyotte; 02-14-2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: forgot my link

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Well it kept you in the game. Roger looked happy with that 300 in the other video.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 02-15-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Wish I had a Columbia Freeze for that night. I would have been all set...

But yea man, Roger is a cool cat. Just got back into bowling after living in FL for a while. We picked him up, and he nailed his first 300. Thank god for iPhones. (oh, and youtube)
    Last edited by DaveAyotte; 02-15-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Chats: 891

dave that was funny video but tell u this the freeze would of hooked alot more i have used mine and it went from the 5 board right to the left gutter and i lofted it close to half way down the lane and it snaped in hard i used my plastic ball and it did the same thing and i had the same problem as u not 1 drop of oil on the lane

It's crazy, because it wasn't even coming close to the break point, it was just grabbing way before that.

Chats: 891

yeah i have had that and worse when i was just normaly throwing it with out the loft it was hooking right as it hit the lane thats why the one week i shot a 75 game but the 3rd game was a 191 with lofting is almsot half way down the lane and with no revs just streght and it still hooked in and got me a few strikes

That's scary as hell if we knew each other in real life people would think we were twins :| think I've found my doppelgänger lol

Oops just noticed I wrote 4-7-5-10 instead of 4-7-6-10 lol

Chats: 19

It reminds me of bowling at Main Event (One of those family fun zone type things)! hahahaha. I never bowl there, ever!

So was it like that across the league, or only on your lanes? I would figure that would be way too unfair if it were just the lanes you and your opponents were bowling on. I'm actually surprised they let you bowl in those conditions, at all! I'd figure the early friction would cause scuffing and stuff.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)