Thread: Brunswick C (System) Versa-Max Bowling Ball Reaction Video

Super Moderator
    Chats: 91

Default Brunswick C (System) Versa-Max Bowling Ball Reaction Video

Tony Ruocco's Review:

What I Was Looking For In This Ball Layout:
    I was pretty excited about this release for a few reasons.
    1. I love Brunswick symmetric balls.
    2. I was a huge fan of the C System line and now Brunswick has brought it back in a whole new price point.
    3. It just looked like a cool ball.

With what we had heard from Brunswick on the Versa-Max release we were expecting a really good symmetric core ball motion. We knew that our testing condition may be a little heavier volume then what this ball was intended for but felt that we could still show case the ball motion with no issues.

I used my go to layout on this ball which should offer a smooth motion with a stronger backend reaction. Compared to other C Systems, we figured this would be closer to the 4.5 ball motion with a slightly smoother movement overall.

What I Ended Up With in the Ball and Layout:
    I think that this ball in the $119.99 price point is a winner. It gives you exactly what Brunswick says with a versatile ball motion and ideal for light to medium oily lane conditions.

Even on the fresh shot we threw it on the ball motion was great. Not as strong as you would want in the beginning of the night but as the lanes start to transition and you need something to give you a good read and not get too jumpy the Versa-Max would be perfect.

The Versa-Max offered a really clean look through the heads giving the ball plenty of projection down lane. As it caught some friction on the back end the Versa-Max opened up and made a strong move towards the pocket. My carry with this ball was really good. If I got the ball to sniff the head pin I was going to carry. This comes from the amount of energy stored up by the core/cover combination in the new C System.

I think this ball has potential to turn into a go to ball when things get weird on the lanes or if you are looking for the great Brunswick symmetrical motion from a polished reactive cover ball.

Sexy hook, I'm looking into getting a new ball...good write-up.