Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Easiest and safest way to get oil out of your bowling ball?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by chrono00 View Post
    make sure you clean your towel every few weeks too. I have wto microfiber towels. I only play league once a week, and sometimes go practice one other day. but if I fill a bowl up with hot water, dawn, and lysol or something else that cuts grease and soak my towel in it, the water comes out black after like 15 minutes.
    Great tip! Also remember if you put your microfiber towels in the dryer, don't put any fabric softener in with them.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I'm not too sure, I just take my equipment to my local pro shop and he does it for about 5$

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Great tip! Also remember if you put your microfiber towels in the dryer, don't put any fabric softener in with them.
    I just let it hang and air dry. maybe turn a fan on directed at it and it's fine

whenever i do this, the duct tape doesn't seem to keep the water out of the holes. any sugguestions?

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
    whenever i do this, the duct tape doesn't seem to keep the water out of the holes. any sugguestions?
    I seem to have that problem too. it's really not THAT big of a deal though. just sit the ball with the finger holes facing down and gravity takes care of the majority of the water. a little blowing in them, and then just let it sit. as long as your not bowling that day with the ball it shouldn't be a big deal

Chats: 9

i put mine in the oven on 175 for about 20 minutes. get rubbing alcohol, lots of oil will come out, rub the alcohol on the ball with a towel

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by x-mantwohand View Post
    i put mine in the oven on 175 for about 20 minutes. get rubbing alcohol, lots of oil will come out, rub the alcohol on the ball with a towel
    That's a disaster waiting to happen!

That temperature is way too high and you shouldn't bake one in the oven in the first place.

Here's what happens!!

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    That's a disaster waiting to happen!

That temperature is way too high and you shouldn't bake one in the oven in the first place.

]
    yea you really should be careful about that. I wouldn't totally say no to doing it, but I wouldn't go over 150 in a regular oven, and still check it every few minutes

Chats: 891

if i was going to do my ball in the oven then i would only do it at 50 degrees no higher and every like every 3-5minutes then circles the ball keep every part of the ball even then take it out for about 2hrs then put back in for abit

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by striker12 View Post
    if i was going to do my ball in the oven then i would only do it at 50 degrees no higher and every like every 3-5minutes then circles the ball keep every part of the ball even then take it out for about 2hrs then put back in for abit
    Would anyone recommend putting a urethane ball in direct Texas sunlight? That will definitely heat it up.
    If so, for how long, and what should one look for and do after it has been out there long enough?
    ad.
    League ave. 180; high league game 277; high league series 695
    Current weapons - Blue Hammer; Green/gold Ebonite Cyclone - both 15lbs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast