Thread: New Ball, Taboo Spare

Chats: 0

Default New Ball, Taboo Spare

I ordered a Taboo Spare the other day and it came in today. I have been on the hunt for a spareball lately and after reading up on the Taboo Spare I actually leaned far away from it as I was afraid it would have to much hook with my current throwing style. I didn't really want to adjust to my ball. I aslo thought it was just plain ugly.

I had two balls picked out, the Hammer Axe and the Columbia Whitedot. I was going in to decide on which one and for some reason when it came time to get order a ball, I said "Taboo Spare". I have no idea why I said it or why I didn't switch. In the back of my head I was thinking, "You know on dry conditions it would help a lot". So I guess it's why I said it.

I regretted my decision all week and today when the ball came in and the Pro Shop pulled it out of the box the first thing I thought was, "Wow, thats not as bright as I thought and looks way better in person". Happy with that I got a bit more excited about it.

I waited till after league to throw it as there was no open lanes and boy where they dry, really dry. My Misfit was hooking up so fast it was unreal. Halfway down the lane it was like a slingshot it would grab and just shoot off to the left. I was having a hardtime finding a line. Also with no oil being picked up by the ball the return was marking up the ball pretty bad it was 5 games on a fresh resurface and was looking so beautiful.

So with perfect lane conditions to try out the ball and what it can do hook wise I gave it the first throws.
    The ball hit fairly decent, it didn't hit as hard as the misfit but it still made great contact with the pins. The sound coming off the pins was also different not that it matters (Just something I noticed)

The ball really with my style didn't have a whole lot of hook. I was pretty much dropping right on point with the 3 board (Right handed) and the ball found the pocket each time on the first 3 throws landing me strikes.
    Now if I really gave it a good time I could get it to hook pretty good but it was pretty unpredictable.

Picking up spares with it was great. I was worried on dry lanes that I would hate it which sucked because the reason I wanted it is to hit those pesky 10 pins and other spare situation you find your self in. The ball worked awesome. Throwing it straight was no issue, the best with the little hook I could get out of it, it made it perfect to come in with a little bit of angle to hit a group of pins. (This is all focused mainly on the right side which I have a hard time hitting with my strike ball)

Overall the ball is great. I really like it so far. On dry lanes it is pretty predictable and hoping the same on some oil. I got it for about $115 drilled an all so I am happy with it. It gives me more options then just a basic spareball. So the extra price is worth it to me. I am excited to play with it on freshly oiled lanes to see how much I like it and slowly start to work it in to my league games. I still plan on picking up a Hammer Axe but thats after sometime of playing with this ball to see what I can really do with it.

is this ball still working for you? trying to decide if i want this one or the true blood for super dry lanes and spare shots