Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New in ohio

Default New in ohio

Hello name is Derrick new to forums but not to sport. Been bowling for about 7 years now. I did start out bowling without a thumb at first but was not very good at it so I started using my thumb and it has been alot better since then. Now im starting to get more serious about bowling since I know that I can do better than what i have been doing. I do have one question about form if there is anyone that can help or had the same problem. I have recently been recording myself bowling and noticed that I am releasing the ball at my knee instead of my ankle and I am also bending my elbow on my downswing and I just cant seem to figure out how to fix it. If I can upload one of the videos to youtube I will post a link. If anyone has any info on how to fix im open to any suggestions.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

It's hard to break old habits. The changes feel weird at first. To make you more aware of a bent elbow you could try an Ace bandage or elbow brace to give you more feedback. A release at the knee sound like not enough knee bend, too upright at the line. Video is amazing. You see how you really look instead of how you think you look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkasJ...ature=youtu.be
    Hopefully that works if it doesnt let me know if it doesnt and i will try something else. And yes it is very hard to break old habits specially when u have done them for so long not knowing what you are doing wrong. That is why im am trying to work on approach first cause i know that is where I am going wrong most of the time

Chats: 4

Hmmmm...... after clicking on the link and when you get to youtube it just says

This video is private
    Sorry about that
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

ok ill change that thanks for letting me know

changed it from private to unlisted hopefully that helps. let me know though

well bowled in a king of the hill tournament this past weekend at a house that i have never bowled at before and i did alot better than expected. I ended up taking second place and didnt even think I would make it that far and what really suprised me is that with the handicap that I had all 8 games that we bowled my lowest game was a 202 and highest was a 250. Now I think I am ready for state to come so I can see how we do there

Chats: 891

nice games derrick1183 thats pretty good second place keep it up that first place will come in there at some point
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

The next one that they have is april 1st goin to that one as well. If there is anyone in the medwest area of ohio or you know where bellefontaine ohio is you should come over and join in on this one its a good time and the more the better. There was 21 total guys there and they just started the womens (Queen of the hill) last weekend as well

sorry got a little off track there but yes I was only 31 pins from having first so im not upset about that at all. After the first 3 games I got pretty nervouscause I made it to the top 10 and that is where it went to one on one. The funny this is I was only nervous when it wasnt my turn and when I got up to bowl it all went away and was able to make good and consistent shots and was able to move on to the top 5 and then from there it was low man out to the end. Once it got to the top 2 I opened in the first frame with a split but then was able to get a 7/ and a double but the 5th and 6th frame had pocket 8 pins which was kind of upsetting cause if it was for those I probably could have won it but next time I guess lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast