SANTIAGO, Chile - A slight adjustment paid dividends for Team USA's Wendy Macpherson of Henderson, Nev., as her big doubles total led to a gold medal Tuesday with Kelly Kulick of Union, N.J., at the 2008 Pan American Bowling Confederation Women's Championships.

Macpherson and Kulick fired 2,602 and topped teammates Liz Johnson of Cheektowaga, N.Y., and Carolyn Dorin-Ballard of North Richland Hills, Texas, who earned silver with 2,565. Canada's Jennifer Park and Kerrie Ryan-Ciach took the bronze medal with 2,556.

Macpherson put together the highest individual block of the day on the long oil pattern with 1,366, despite starting with a 172 game. She came back with games of 258, 236, 235, 237 and 228. Kulick added 1,236, with a low game of 195 and a high game of 215.

"The first game I just played the lanes wrong and once I moved a few boards left, I had the whole lane," said Macpherson, who finished 29th in singles on the short oil pattern Monday. "Physically, I feel like I threw the ball better yesterday, but today I got matched up and the pins cooperated."

Johnson, who earned the singles gold medal Monday, shot 1,322 while Dorin-Ballard had 1,243. The pair nearly fell into third place as Park and Ryan-Ciach made a run at overtaking in them in the last game of the first squad. The Canadians shot 474 to Team USA's 403 but fell nine pins short.

Team USA's Diandra Asbaty of Chicago and Lynda Barnes of Double Oak, Texas, finished in fourth place with 2,493, missing the bronze medal by 63 pins.

In all-events after 12 games, Johnson leads with 2,804, an average of 233.67. All six Team USA members are among the top eight, with Barnes sitting second with 2,699 and Dorin-Ballard third with 2,692.

Action shifts to the trios event Wednesday as Johnson, Dorin-Ballard and Barnes will compete on the morning squad, while Asbaty, Kulick and Macpherson will bowl the afternoon squad.

The 2008 PABCON Women's Championships features 16 countries from the American Zone competing in singles, doubles, trios, team, Masters and all-events. The top 16 players in the all-events standings after 24 games advance to the Masters match play competition.