Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 7-10 split, Have you made it?

Chats: 0

Yes.Three times.Each time throwing at the seven pin and bouncing it out of the pit to take out the ten pin.
    Angela Wilt : Brunswick Staff Member

Chats: 4

I've converted the 7-10 split about 6 times in my bowling career so far
    and the big 4 split twice and the Greek Church split about 3 times.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Ringer
    Chats: 32

oh i'm jealous of all who have done it.. lol

Chats: 39

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    7-10.. never been close.. dunno if it's a problem with my center.. but the pins don't seem to bounce off the walls and so practically impossible to convert the 7-10..
    Same here. If you look on youtube of the videos of people picking them up (PBA guys anyway), they always bounce the pin off the back wall into the other one. I've never seen that happen with the pins at the 2 alleys I play at here (bouncing off the back wall back onto the deck). I have seen someone pick up a 7-10 though, by hooking the 7 into the left wall and having it bounce back and roll into the 10. I tried doing that a few times but never really came close to getting both pins, so now I usually just take the free 10 pin practice.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Hampe View Post
    Same here. If you look on youtube of the videos of people picking them up (PBA guys anyway), they always bounce the pin off the back wall into the other one. I've never seen that happen with the pins at the 2 alleys I play at here (bouncing off the back wall back onto the deck). I have seen someone pick up a 7-10 though, by hooking the 7 into the left wall and having it bounce back and roll into the 10. I tried doing that a few times but never really came close to getting both pins, so now I usually just take the free 10 pin practice.
    same with me.. i'll just hit the 10-pin.. practice for that single pin..

Chats: 891

had another chance at the 7-10 split but missed both pins anddroped the ball right in the gutter it was kinda funny but when i left the 7-10split was the worst thing ever happening i hit alittle high in the pocket and i left up the 10 and had the 7 fall over but then another pin came over and stood up in the 7 spot
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

What is Bowling?

I converted it once by fluke. I spun the heck out of the ball and threw it towards the 7 pin (from the right). The ball was about to enter the gutter when it barely clipped the 7 pin and shot it to the right to take out the 10.

Ive probably picked it up 10 or more times, and every single time i threw the crap out of the ball and bounced it out of the gutter lol. Never had a legal pickup.

I've hit it twice, one bounce of the 7 pin out of the gutter and the other with quite a healthy dose of luck I hit honest and legal. It JUST grazed the 10, which wobbled for a good full second before falling over. I had actually turned around and was walking back when I heard someone say "Wow!, he got it!".

Ringer

i do wonder.. how many times have top PBA players like Walter Ray Williams Jr, Norm Duke, Sean Rash, Tommy Jones, Pete Weber (and so on) picked up this split..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast