Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 7-10 split, Have you made it?

Default The 7-10 split, Have you made it?

On a side note, the only way I can pick up the 7-10 split is with a speed around 23mph with revs, hitting the left side of the 7 into the corner by the 10 and out to tip the 10. Practicing that is tiring lol
    How many times have you converted the 7-10?
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-10-2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Fixed coding for quote

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Quote Originally Posted by 10-in-the-pit View Post
    On a side note, the only way I can pick up the 7-10 split is with a speed around 23mph with revs, hitting the left side of the 7 into the corner by the 10 and out to tip the 10. Practicing that is tiring lol
    How many times have you converted the 7-10?
    That's funny, I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I've only ever gotten the 7-10 by throwing it hard at the 10 pin but still having a slight hook at the last second to propel the pin to the left. Basically you have to get the pin to hit the ball twice. I've converted it 5 times in my life.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-10-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Fixed coding
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

I've gotten it two times but never during sanctioned league play. I've gotten them both during the practice during the warm up time before league starts but I never saw it as I was just trying to hit the 10 pin. I think the way The Mayor says works best for me too (right-handed).

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I haven't managed to get it yet by hitting the 10 first. I tried for years that way and never succeeded. Hitting the 7 pin I'm about 18% success rate during practice. 0 for 2 so far during a sanctioned event. On the plus side, I obviously don't leave that split very often
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I throw the equivalent of two games at just corner pins. I take the 7 first and try to convert the 7-10. I do this about 2-3 days a week since Jan 9th. For all of 2011 it was daily as I was practicing 30 games a day at that time (out of work on workers comp & had permission to only bowl)
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I moved this out of the ball speed thread so it didn't hijack it. Plus 7-10 split deserved a thread of it's own.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer
    Chats: 32

7-10.. never been close.. dunno if it's a problem with my center.. but the pins don't seem to bounce off the walls and so practically impossible to convert the 7-10..

Chats: 326

Nope, never been close. I've never had pins bounce out of the back despite me hitting the pin as hard as a can, full wind up. I don't know if its an issue with the lanes or if I just haven't had the lucky bounce yet.

Step into my office

Chats: 42

The kick plates at your center have a big effect on your ability to bring pins back onto the deck. Some houses are more lively than others. My favorite time I picked up the 7-10 was in a PBA experience league, I threw a great shot and the 7 and 10 didn't even wiggle. This is a house that is known for being extremely hard to get pins to dance around. I'd never even seen anyone bring a pin out from the back. Well I threw it as hard as I could at the 10 and it must've hit just perfectly because it flew across the deck, tomahawked the 7 and both pins came out a little more than 1/3 of the way down the lane. It was the coolest feeling. There is nothing like picking up the 7-10.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Chats: 891

i have made it ocne and it was a just last sunday, the bowling allie i bowl at you cant make it bounce back on the lane from the back or even off the wall cause if it hits the wall it just goses streght back thats why when i do it i have to hit the left side of the 10 pin and be on a angle right to the 10 soo my ball will get close to the wall for my ball to hit the ball and come back on the lane.

but when i got the 7-10 split i did not know i just went up threw the ball did not even get in my approach stance just walked up and walked back and everyone came over to me saying nice job and i was just like "ummmm ok thanks"
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast