Chats: 0

Default Storm Vivid by Storm/Roto Grip Staffer Garrett Richardson

Hand: Left
    Ball Speed: 16-17mph
    Ball Weight: 15lbs
    PAP: 5 left 7/16 up
    Degrees of Tilt: 17
    Layout: 5 ˝ x 3 x 1

I drilled the Vivid with the pin up really high above my ring finger. Drilling the Vivid in a weaker state and keeping it strong was a total surprise! I could not believe how strong the Vivid is. It has the Virtual Gravity Nano cover but with a new weight block. I have not seen a ball that goes through the pins with so much power and keeps driving through the pin deck like it does. This is probably the earliest reading ball I have seen from storm. I have rolled it on many different sport patterns and the Vivid made it look like a house shot. It for sure likes oil. It is not a ball that goes down long with a strong snappy backend. This ball is really smooth and controllable. It for sure fits in between the 2 nanos. If u want something smooth for oil this is the ball for you.

I have a video on youtube and a picture of my ball and the layout on facebook. If you have any questions about the Vivid email me at grichardson7716@aol.com.

Garrett Richardson
    Storm/Roto Grip Amateur Staff
    Vise Inserts Amateur Staff
    The Bowler’s Advantage
    www.facebook.com/grstorm
    www.stormbowling.com
    www.rotogrip.com
    www.viseinserts.com

Chats: 1

I have had the Vivid now for about 3 weeks and can't get the hang of it. I average 176, have it drilled with the pin about 1/2" above ring finger and center of gravity right below. Doesn't want to give me that back end snap that my Anarchy does. I'm thinking about getting it re-drilled, but as of right now I always pull out my Marvel and Anarchy after a few practice throughs.

If you don't have a lot of revs, you may want to think about the nano or anarchy.

Chats: 891

hoppy the vivid is a nice looking ball i have not thrown one yet and i would lvoe to throw one but give it a few more weeks and u will get itcause i got my HHR at the start of march and i just got the hang of it last week but i did have controll of it but it did move abit but it took me abit to find the perfect line and perfect hand postion
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

How does it compare to the Defiant in overall hooking ability in heavy oil?

Chats: 1

I hope your right, 'cause it is a sweet looking ball (1/2 the reason I got it). I will prob use it more on the PBA experience league in the summer.

the vivid is a good ball i have watched the videos on youtube and bowlingball.com and it works realy well it just takes time to get use to a new ball cause me i use to cross board alot but know im standing around 25 throwing from 20-10 board and i get alot of revs when i throw the ball but also my ball is drilled close to weak because of my high revs if i had it strong then it would move in way to much.

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    How does it compare to the Defiant in overall hooking ability in heavy oil?
    jaydee not sure how to compare the defiant to the vivid or the HHR i have never seen 1 go down the lane in person just in videos and as you know everyone is different and every bowling allie is different but if it was too me i would say the HHR has more of a hook on heavy oil then both those balls,

between the vivid and defiant i should maby say the defiant cause of the core that it was it will flip into the pocket nicely but the vivid would go into the pocket with a sharp angle but hard its hard to decide unless i thrown both of them for my self