Thread: League prize money

Default League prize money

I know 50/50 and brackets can be used to increase a leagues prize fund, but what are some other ideas to get more money into a league?

We used sponsorship funds added to the PF, sure most do as well.
    PAP 4" over and 3/4" up
    Infinite Theory, Storm Vivid and T Zone for spares
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 1

We're no longer allowed to run 50/50 contests in the state of NJ. The state considers it an illegal lottery. We ended up voting in an extra $1.50 in league fees to pump up the prize fund. On another note, the pro shop used to run raffles for your choice of bowling ball, drilling included which had to be cancelled.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

One of my leagues runs a 75/25 with the winning ticket having to bowl a strike to win. If they don't strike then they keep pulling until someone wins that night.
    What amazes me is that the people who don't participate are the ones that complain the most about the prize money and vote to not increase the fees.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 4

We have a 50/50 ticket drawing that you pay $1.00 for 3 tickets each week and you
    have to say how many pins you are going to get on the first ball if your ticket is drawn
    like either a strike or 9 pins etc.,etc. and if you miss it will carry over to the next week
    until someone hits it and we also have a $20.00 per person sponsor fee that goes into
    the prize fund also.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Well if you want enough money to mean something, then you need corporate sponsors. Someone who'll put $500- $1,000 or more in the prizefund.

Go to the local car dealerships Ford, Chevy, etc. check Pepsi, Coke, beer companies also. If they want to be the sole sponsor, they need to pony up more $$$.

Also if they sponsor see if they can also help with banners and promo items to help advertise the league. This will help get more bowlers and thus more money to the prizefund.

When I started bowling they had leagues around here with $10,000 firstplace money put up by sponsors.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 4

The only thing bad about trying to get any corporate sponsors around here now days
    is the economy, it is so screwed up and money is tight right now at least that is what
    they say anyways.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill