Thread: Image posting issue

Default Image posting issue

This has happened twice. I tried to post an image and it uploaded ok but once I click preview post to make sure all is ok I cannot return to add to the post and if I hit the back button I get "this webpage has expired". Then I start over by reloading the forum page and try to re post it will not allow me to post, no cursor blinking so I can't write at all. Almost as if one were blocked from commenting. Never have seen such thing so it must be me doing something wrong, any clue on how to go about this.

I am now permanently unable to post on 2 different threads/topics......Thanks in advance!
    PAP 4" over and 3/4" up
    Infinite Theory, Storm Vivid and T Zone for spares
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

this a test posting using just from url with retrieve unchecked . ok

adding test test to this post. ok

now trying edit post. okay

adding another image from url with retrieve checked. ok
    bowling_pin_sculpture_photosculpture-p153647333943233926z8wbe_210.jpg

test upload from computer
    bowling_fingertip_grip.jpg
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-24-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dgz924s View Post
    This has happened twice. I tried to post an image and it uploaded ok but once I click preview post to make sure all is ok I cannot return to add to the post and if I hit the back button I get "this webpage has expired". Then I start over by reloading the forum page and try to re post it will not allow me to post, no cursor blinking so I can't write at all. Almost as if one were blocked from commenting. Never have seen such thing so it must be me doing something wrong, any clue on how to go about this.

I am now permanently unable to post on 2 different threads/topics......Thanks in advance!
    I tried some tests and it seems to be working okay.

After hitting preview, you should be able to just scroll down to the edit window to continue working on the post. No need to hit the back button.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Ok thanks I will give it another try provided I am not still locked out from replying to the thread post.
    PAP 4" over and 3/4" up

Nope did not work. Can't even do a quick reply. When I click the box to bring up my cursor to begin typing the cursor does not appear/blink. Also the tool bar above the area for posting a reply is missing: i.e Switch editor to....Bold, Italics, underline.....Font size etc.

The thread is on Shovelling if that helps any. I am sure it is an isolated issue as others can/have posted. So I am at a loss.
    PAP 4" over and 3/4" up

Update...I was able to post using the advance button, only the quick reply is disabled. I am good to go for the 2 threads this is an issue. All others I can use quick reply. Thanks for the help
    PAP 4" over and 3/4" up

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dgz924s View Post
    Update...I was able to post using the advance button, only the quick reply is disabled. I am good to go for the 2 threads this is an issue. All others I can use quick reply. Thanks for the help
    I took a look at the shoveling post, its working okay here. I had a similar problem on another site, you might try clearing your cache and cookies. So the page will reload fresh.

I can do that. Thought logging out then in would do it but not so. Which now I am trying to figure out how to stay logged in. Had it once but lost that too Murphys law I guess...thnx
    PAP 4" over and 3/4" up