Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many differant flavors, (smells), does storm have.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default How many differant flavors, (smells), does storm have.

I have had a whif of the Vivid,,,, very NICE mint smell... what other sents have they had! Any cinnamon!!! if so I want one!!

The Reign Supreme has a great cinnamon smell! Actually just got one yesterday, going to pick it up later today! I'll let you know if I like it..The smell is fantastic even if the ball sucks though lol

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Bowling News USA - March 16, 2005

Aromatic Bowling. Competitors dismiss Bill Chrisman's scented bowling balls as a "novelty," but he believes there's more to his success than that, reports Jonathan Eig in The Wall Street Journal. Bill's balls -- marketed by Storm Products, Inc., stormbowling.com, of Brigham City, Utah -- smell of peppermint, spearmint, orange, blueberry, amaretto, banana, cinnamon-apple, and pina colada, for instance. Bill's been making the aromatic balls for about four years now, to a point where his brand is to the market leader in high-end bowling balls, ahead of Brunswick. (You might think Brunswick and the other ball-makers would be rushing scented balls to market. Storm does not officially claim that its aromas affect performance, but the company's technical director, Steve Koempken, "says the aromatic liquid chemicals added to the vats of urethane had the unintended effect of increasing the tackiness or friction of the surface area, which resulted in a tiny bit of extra hook." Not only that, but some customers report that the fragrances have the dual effect of relaxing them while distracting their opponents. Retailers also like what the aromas do for their shops. In fact, that's how Bill Chrisman got the idea in the first place: "Most of the pro shops were very small," he explains. "I'm not going to say they had a bad odor to them, but they were kind of musty. I thought if we put in a fragrance, people would go over and smell the balls, touch the balls, and read our name on the balls." If that last line gets past anyone's content filters it will be a miracle. Bill's first flavor was grape, introduced in 2000, then "a lot of citrus" flavors were introduced, followed attempts at chocolate and licorice, which Bill says were "very polarizing." About 100 flavors have been tested so far, up to and including "a beer fragrance" which Bill says "kind of stunk, really." An informal poll of a league bowlers revealed "new car" and "French fry" as potentially interesting. Whether Bill's bowling balls will sweeten the sport remains to be seen, though. About two million bowling balls are produced each year, and that number is declining. "League bowling peaked at about 4.5 million bowlers in the mid-1970s and has fallen to less than half that number now." Ron Molizon, 64, is among those who remains attached to his unscented ball. "I don't think I'd go for a ball that smells like fruit," he says, adding: "Maybe if they made one that smells like crawfish." ( Reveries Magazine)

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

My Storm Fast Pearl was cherry and was very potent. In my case I am obsessive at cleaning the ball using Reacta Clean often so the scent was rather short lived, but yummy none the less. Now it smells just like any other ball and is now dedicated as a lawn ornament due to the massive cracks in the cover. Now I wonder if the scent oil and the report offered by bowl1820 and the idea of it created a tacky surface played a role in the spider web of cracks in it.......humm something to ponder.

Back to scents, one guy had one that was Mulberry and it did not smell good to me.
    PAP 4" over and 3/4" up
    Infinite Theory, Storm Vivid and T Zone for spares
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Blog Entries

thanks for the INFO,,,, How can anyone not like Cinnamon!!! Yes, if it bowls, (evey close to how it must smell), I am going to get one too). Let me know what you
    think,,, thanks,, mike

Blog Entries

thanks for the great/funny information on the smell! I know now there is more to the ball then just a sweet smell! (

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    thanks for the INFO,,,, How can anyone not like Cinnamon!!! Yes, if it bowls, (evey close to how it must smell), I am going to get one too). Let me know what you
    think,,, thanks,, mike
    Well I tossed it early this morning for 3 games. I'm more of a slower speed, decent hook, stroker.. Out of the box I tossed a pair of 200's with it.. Def going to be a main ball in my bag with my Virtual Gravity Nano and Pearl

Goes long down the lane and gives a nice little back end reaction..Hits very nice, i'm pleased with it!

Ringer
    Chats: 32

they're trying to give aromatherapy effects maybe.. helps to relax the bowler..
    maybe next time they can go with smell of flowers?

Chats: 221

If my memory serves me right the Diablo was hot cinimon
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

My Tropical Breeze is Electrify. Body Soray like, but I like it. Not sure i would want all of my balls to smell but it didnt hinder my purchase.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast