Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what do wide bowling shoes do ?

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    That's basically where the idea for the slide sock came from, they pulled a sock on over the shoe.
    What is a slide sock? never heard of that.
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by circlecity View Post
    What is a slide sock? never heard of that.
    It's like a removable sole.

you pull it over the end of your shoe to help with your slide if your sticking etc..

It's better than the stick on nylon slide pads and cheap alternative to changeable sole shoes

Last edited by bowl1820; 10-23-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

I love my slide socks!!!! I used to get pain in my left knee halfway through a set, until the sock came into my life!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    It's like a removable sole.

you pull it over the end of your shoe to help with your slide if your sticking etc..

It's better than the stick on nylon slide pads and cheap alternative to changeable sole shoes
    Pretty cool... I have these linds xtra wide shoes that have interchangeable little pads on the slide shoe so I can change my slide that way. I don't really slide much so never messed with them.
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Someone needs to make slide socks with different slide ability..meaning the one I bought slides too much, So I use a regular sock pulled over my shoe which looks tacky!!

Yes I bought all the soles, even the deer hide or cow hide one and it still don't slide enough, so I pull a sock over my shoe, and I hate the way it looks, but it is effective.

my number 8 soles does not slide enough and 10 sole slides too much, and the cool slide sock slides too much just like the number 10 sole.

I wish there was a number 9 sole, or cool looking shoe socks with different slide options.
    Last edited by Trex; 02-21-2014 at 03:37 PM. Reason: add info
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Someone needs to make slide socks with different slide ability..meaning the one I bought slides too much, So I use a regular sock pulled over my shoe which looks tacky!!

Yes I bought all the soles, even the deer hide or cow hide one and it still don't slide enough, so I pull a sock over my shoe, and I hate the way it looks, but it is effective.

my number 8 soles does not slide enough and 10 sole slides too much, and the cool slide sock slides too much just like the number 10 sole.

I wish there was a number 9 sole, or cool looking shoe socks with different slide options.
    Dexter makes a number 9 as well as a 9-combo (half 8/half10)
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Iceman Feet need lots of Room, and Air!

This is why Iceman wears sandals not only to bowl, but even just bobbing around! MY feet need AIR, to breath!

How would you like to play, "This Little Piggy" With that pair!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Extra wide bowling shoes are not for everyone… obviously. Just think of how much better your approach will be once you get a pair of our extra wide bowling shoes..,,

Chats: 10

Quote Originally Posted by scruffwhor View Post
    I love my slide socks!!!! I used to get pain in my left knee halfway through a set, until the sock came into my life!!!
    I have been getting pain in my left leg half way through. Maybe I should try the slide sock.

I'd rather wear my Wide Dexter's than my regular shoes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12