Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Me Bowling - Video

Chats: 131

wow.. i thought that jason wasn't using his thumb.. it does look like his not using his thumb though...

Chats: 326

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Have you tried laying it down at 25 and leave the pattern at 15?
    Ya, I don't think I tried that exactly, but I tried something similar, like laying it down at 22-23 and leaving the pattern at 12-13, and when I did, it went out too wide. 25 and 15 sounds good in theory though, should have given it a shot.

I just thought you were so mad about them you edited them all out lol
    lol! "Screw those 9 pins, they will not be getting any fame in this video!"

Bowler
    Chats: 0

pretty impressive that u have that much tuck on a 15lb ball , id have major wrist issues if i did that with 3 fingers. Do u bowl with your thumb partially in or all the way in?

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Wow, Tom Smallwood Jr.! Very nice!

PS. You weren't carrying because you didn't have enough angle into the headpin. I believe you were using a little bit too strong of a ball (Looks like a Nexxus maybe?) and it was flattening out at the pins. Something a bit weaker would have helped you carry.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Maybe another ball for Jasons arsenal???

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post

PS. You weren't carrying because you didn't have enough angle into the headpin. I believe you were using a little bit too strong of a ball (Looks like a Nexxus maybe?) and it was flattening out at the pins. Something a bit weaker would have helped you carry.
    Wow LOTS of help from this Board!! You have ability Jason, and now maybe with the help of BowlingBoard.com and all its great information and knowledge. You will move to the next level (grasshopper).... !! (kungfu tv series way back in the old days)! The Mayor mention too strong of a ball for your style,,, could that be part of the problem sometimes. I think, (but I could be wrong,) the Nexxus and Vivid are both strong balls,,, could it be you need another weapon added to your arsenal? If that is the case what would all you knowledgeable bowlers recommend for Jasons style of bowling??
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 05-28-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrain View Post
    pretty impressive that u have that much tuck on a 15lb ball , id have major wrist issues if i did that with 3 fingers. Do u bowl with your thumb partially in or all the way in?
    I put it mostly all the way in. Not 100% in though. My wrist use to bother me a little (along with my elbow and shoulder) when I started bowling again in December. Since then though, it gives me no troubles at all. I've bowled 23 games the last 3 days and I'm feeling good today, and have 4 more tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post

Thanks Mayor...

Ya, it was the Nexxus. Honestly, I want a different ball. The Vivid and Nexxus are both amazing, but they are kind of similar in a sense, being that they are both so aggressive. I kind of want a Frantic. I'm thinking that would be a little more weak, thoughts?. Also, thinking about taking my Vivid to 4,000 grit, that way I'll have more length.

That was pretty much the mark I played all day. I was getting strikes there too, but still, I should have probably moved at least another 2 boards to my right to help get those into the pocket more.

You can see in this video, that mark was working a little, but obviously not enough because of all the 10 pins and 7 pins I left that day (demonstrated in the other video).

(Some of the strikes from the tourney)
    Last edited by JaMau24; 05-28-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

The irony of the video....Look at the advertisement above the lane. Now go look in the mirror. Heed what you read young Jason. Don't spend all your money on bowling, you are allowed to eat once in a while too.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Just joking around...my waist is jealous
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

The irony of the video....Look at the advertisement above the lane. Now go look in the mirror. Heed what you read young Jason. Don't spend all your money on bowling, you are allowed to eat once in a while too.
    Just joking around...my waist is jealous
    Hahah, I was waiting for that...

I'm one of those, "eat everything I can and want and still don't gain weight" type of people. I hate it, I want to put weight on. However, people tell me, be glad you have that problem now, because in 5-10 years, you'll notice everything you eat will start showing up very fast!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast