Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Me Bowling - Video

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

There's a guy I work with that is that way. He eats crap all day long and really struggles to put on weight. He is 22. Then I eat real lean and clean but just look at a slice of pizza and put on weight. Part of it is probably my own fault; I didn't eat any junk until I left the service. My welcome home party was where I had my first piece of cake, soda, ice cream, cookies, etc so I never really built up any tolerance for my metabolism to digest that stuff.
    This past Friday we went for pizza at lunch (buffet). Two slices and I was stuffed and bloated. Brad had nine slices of pizza plus soda and breadsticks. Then two hours later he had a hot pocket.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 891

thats like me a lnog time ago jamau i use to never gain wait when i was in grade 4-8 but when i hit grade 9 and started working out gaining alot of musle faster then i should of then i started gaining wait but not till i was in grade 11 i use to have a 6 pack and now its gone just starting to get it back but its going to take awhile i need to go and buy a weight room set cause i cant go out side cause of the heat and my breathing
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Chats: 326

Ya, I really need to start hitting the gym up. It's one of those deals where I keep planning on it, but never do. I will one of these days (hopefully soon). Usually I start working out a lot for a month or so, but then I just stop. I need to stay with it.

Makes me wonder, if I throw the ball at 20-21 MPH now, how fast could I throw if I got some muscle mass lol.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by JaMau24 View Post
    Ya, I really need to start hitting the gym up. It's one of those deals where I keep planning on it, but never do. I will one of these days (hopefully soon). Usually I start working out a lot for a month or so, but then I just stop. I need to stay with it.

Makes me wonder, if I throw the ball at 20-21 MPH now, how fast could I throw if I got some muscle mass lol.
    Some pros ( I think Osku Paalerma for one) have been clocked around 30 mph on spares. Generally they don't throw any faster than you for strikes. Too fast and the ball never has a chance to react to the lane.
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Plus a true FREE ARM SWING is determined more by arm length and ball weight, not muscle.

John, hope you had a great weekend. I've missed seeing your posts earlier today.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 326

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Some pros ( I think Osku Paalerma for one) have been clocked around 30 mph on spares. Generally they don't throw any faster than you for strikes. Too fast and the ball never has a chance to react to the lane.
    Ya, Osku can launch that ball..

Here is a video from the tourney on Saturday of me ALMOST picking up the Greek Church (4,6,7,9,10)

The spare shot was at about 25 MPH

That was the closest I've ever come to picking that up. That was a heart breaker too. I had X X 7/ X X X X going into that 8th frame..

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Just to BEAT michael??

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Just to beat Michael (or any stroker who plays a consistent speed to my right) I would burn up his break point area. Adjust your axis rotation only and move right so you can let your rev rate and speed leave skid marks where Michael wants his ball to break. Before long he will be hitting everything brooklyn and unless he can adjust quickly, you win. I beat a guy last year who averaged 40 pins higher than me 6 times last year that way. He plays one speed, one rev rate, one line so I just took his line away. He tried moving left but I just kept moving and adjusting my rotation to still crush the pocket and burn up his area.
    Jason, thats a cheap shot!!! I fear Bill is trying to teach you underhanded methods of beating me! Their is a more honorable way to beat me, without destroying my oil!! Just bowl a good game when the chips are all on the table.... You don't mess with my oil..... and I won't mess with yours.. !!

Chats: 131

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Jason, thats a cheap shot!!! I fear Bill is trying to teach you underhanded methods of beating me! Their is a more honorable way to beat me, without destroying my oil!! Just bowl a good game when the chips are all on the table.... You don't mess with my oil..... and I won't mess with yours.. !!
    that is just one of the many easier tactics to use I guess.. but.. definitely a plus point if you can catch the opponent's mark.. sure he'll fail badly unless he can adapt to it asap..

Chats: 891

dame you almost got the greek church i have only ever made it 2 time 1 was me bowling normal spare at it and got the 4 from a pin bounceing out of the back and getting it and the other was with a 6lb ball throwing it down soo slow but making it rev alot made it go right across the lane and get the 4-7
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Bowler
    Chats: 0

close with the greek church..... does your alley show mph? i tend to crank the ball but cant come close to 18mph and have control... the fastest with control is high 15's low 16's. I notice u use alot of waist/body movement unlike me where i rely on my arm. I did try the half thumb release and it worked suprisingly well! im going to work on it on regular lane conditions and see how i do. The lanes were dryer then the sahara last time i practised . Keep up the good work bowling

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast