Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Me Bowling - Video

Chats: 326

Quote Originally Posted by Etrain View Post
    close with the greek church..... does your alley show mph? i tend to crank the ball but cant come close to 18mph and have control... the fastest with control is high 15's low 16's. I notice u use alot of waist/body movement unlike me where i rely on my arm. I did try the half thumb release and it worked suprisingly well! im going to work on it on regular lane conditions and see how i do. The lanes were dryer then the sahara last time i practised . Keep up the good work bowling
    Unfortunately, No, the alley doesn't show MPH. I use a stop watch to time how long it takes from the ball to leave my hand to hit the pins and use a bowling MPH chart that tells you how fast it is..

Also, good luck on the release and trying to figure it out. I certainly would never teach someone to bowl the way I do because it isn't considered the "correct" way, but it's just what I've been doing my whole life and what I'm comfortable with. So if you can get it working too, awesome. Hope you shoot well.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by JaMau24 View Post
    Also, good luck on the release and trying to figure it out. I certainly would never teach someone to bowl the way I do because it isn't considered the "correct" way, but it's just what I've been doing my whole life and what I'm comfortable with. So if you can get it working too, awesome. Hope you shoot well.
    Once again, see the first rule of bowling technique; 1. there are no set in stone rules, only general guidelines. Give something a try, if it works use it, if it doesn't discard it.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 131

gonna film myself bowling this coming week.. hope to get you guys to see it soon!

Chats: 326

Quote Originally Posted by eugene02 View Post
    gonna film myself bowling this coming week.. hope to get you guys to see it soon!
    Awesome. Looking forward to it.

Chats: 131

Quote Originally Posted by JaMau24 View Post
    Awesome. Looking forward to it.
    yea.. was learning from my friend how to set up my DSLR to the correct settings to get on a tripod and start filming..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345