Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally it's my turn!!!!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

The shot at 1:00 was your best. If possible, play it back and stop it at your release. Frame by frame is best if you can. Look at where your hand is. Every time it's in a slightly different spot. This is part of what is causing you to lose revs and accuracy. Your hand is always at or above the equator of the ball (horizontal line bisecting the ball in half). This creates more spin than revs. Maybe from you using the helicopter style, don't know. But by trying to force the revs that you are more than able to create naturally, you are allowing your hand to flail around the top half of the ball and the momentum is taking you off line and off balance. Learning to keep your non-slide foot down will help. Doing so also allows the balance arm (that you use well) to act as a strong pendulum. Don't try to accelerate your swing with muscles until it's past vertical and keep your fingers as far below the ball's equator as you can. The further under you get the more revs and axis tilt you will create without effort.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 131

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    The shot at 1:00 was your best. If possible, play it back and stop it at your release. Frame by frame is best if you can. Look at where your hand is. Every time it's in a slightly different spot. This is part of what is causing you to lose revs and accuracy. Your hand is always at or above the equator of the ball (horizontal line bisecting the ball in half). This creates more spin than revs. Maybe from you using the helicopter style, don't know. But by trying to force the revs that you are more than able to create naturally, you are allowing your hand to flail around the top half of the ball and the momentum is taking you off line and off balance. Learning to keep your non-slide foot down will help. Doing so also allows the balance arm (that you use well) to act as a strong pendulum. Don't try to accelerate your swing with muscles until it's past vertical and keep your fingers as far below the ball's equator as you can. The further under you get the more revs and axis tilt you will create without effort.
    Thanks Bill! i'll make more videos when I go bowling.. Maybe everyweek i'll do so.. so.. lets just see... if i do get better.. but.. this time, i'll tape from the 1st game onwards.. hee!

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

Nice, amazing throw! Just as I said on the comment I posted on your youtube, you started to move from your strike zone, causing you to lose consistency of hitting strikes,
    like I've once heard a famous bowler say, "If you think you STINK", what I got from that quote was that when you start to question your approach and start to use a different one than the one that is working for you, then you would lose focus, keep practicing, and like Michael said from above, you have a weapon of mass destruction, haha

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by martinezsam2495 View Post
    Nice, amazing throw! Just as I said on the comment I posted on your youtube, you started to move from your strike zone, causing you to lose consistency of hitting strikes,
    like I've once heard a famous bowler say, "If you think you STINK", what I got from that quote was that when you start to question your approach and start to use a different one than the one that is working for you, then you would lose focus, keep practicing, and like Michael said from above, you have a weapon of mass destruction, haha
    Your form looks pretty darned smooth for sure. I am taking notes in hopes it will help me, especially with all the advice being handed out by everyone

anyone knows what style is this? power tweener or??

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by eugene02 View Post
    anyone knows what style is this? power tweener or??
    I would have to say with your style that you are a power tweener for sure.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    I would have to say with your style that you are a power tweener for sure.
    okay thanks!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

In the Bag:
    DV8: Hell Raiser Revenge, Diva
    Columbia300: White Dot Black Berry Polyester
    Brunswick: NeXXus f(P+R)
    Substitute Balls:
    Storm: Sure Fire
    Ebonite: Pursuit
    Retired:
    Lane 1: MaxXx Curve
    Current High Score / Series: 237 / 635
    Style: Power Tweener
    Average Score: 180

Aim for Balls:
    Misfit Pearl
    Marauder
    Brutal Nightmare

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Ringer
    Chats: 32

on a side note, who the hell is that guy at 0:14?? LOL..

his the maintenance guy.. incharge of the pins when its not racked properly.. help with the ball which is not coming back..
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

In the Bag:
    DV8: Hell Raiser Revenge, Diva
    Columbia300: White Dot Black Berry Polyester
    Brunswick: NeXXus f(P+R)
    Substitute Balls:
    Storm: Sure Fire
    Ebonite: Pursuit
    Retired:
    Lane 1: MaxXx Curve
    Current High Score / Series: 237 / 635
    Style: Power Tweener
    Average Score: 180

Aim for Balls:
    Misfit Pearl
    Marauder
    Brutal Nightmare

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Ringer
    Chats: 32

i see.. thought who the hell is that guy.. walking back and forth like that.. lol.. see him again at 3:53.. lol..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast