Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am 17 and I want to get better at bowling for College

The problem is finding a cute one. We have a joke here that goes: What has 6 breasts and 8 teeth?...The night shift at the Waffle House. However we are far off topic. I wonder what sort of ball reaction Sam would get if he turned the ball around the opposite way and put his index finger in the ring finger hole and vise versa. Does that make sense? In other words instead of the thumbhole being in his palm it would be out away from his fingers. that would put the weight bias on the proper side. This of course would still not be the same as if it was properly drilled for a lefty but it should be a little closer right? Or left? I'm confusing myself.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Storm Modern Marvel
    Radical Time's Up
    Storm Black Ice

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

no, I throw a 14 mph, 42mph would destroy the pins! haha

Ringer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I just noticed this in your video ( looks like nobody else did either) was that the ball your using has a conventual grip. as opposed to a fingertip. That makes it a little harder to hook the ball like you see others doing.
    I should get a fingertip grip? Or can you please explain, because I googled it, and it said that conventual grip is used more for beginners and fingertip is used more for intermediate bowlers and professional, and that there is a semi fingertip grip as well.

Ringer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Are you sure? I thought I saw blue fingertip grips.
    yeah it has blue fingertip inserts inside,

Ringer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Went back and looked, it does look like there might be some grips in it. But he's putting fingers (look at about a 1:29 min into it) in all the way to the second knuckle like a conventional grip. So those are either some big fingerholes or the grips are wore out alot.
    it does have big fingerholes, but I don't put my fingers all the way to the bottom, I will post a video of me actually bowling soon,

Ringer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaStroker View Post
    The problem is finding a cute one. We have a joke here that goes: What has 6 breasts and 8 teeth?...The night shift at the Waffle House. However we are far off topic. I wonder what sort of ball reaction Sam would get if he turned the ball around the opposite way and put his index finger in the ring finger hole and vise versa. Does that make sense? In other words instead of the thumbhole being in his palm it would be out away from his fingers. that would put the weight bias on the proper side. This of course would still not be the same as if it was properly drilled for a lefty but it should be a little closer right? Or left? I'm confusing myself.
    \

I moved from using my index finger and middle finger to now my middle finger and ring finger, it has improved my shot, and now I have better control and consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by martinezsam2495 View Post
    \

I moved from using my index finger and middle finger to now my middle finger and ring finger, it has improved my shot, and now I have better control and consistency.
    What I'm talking about is turning the ball around 180 degrees so that the left side of the ball is on the right. Normally as you hold the ball the thumb hole is resting on your palm. If you hold the ball so that the thumb hole is on the other side of your fingers then the ball would tend to pull to the right instead of the left. For example if the holes look like the diagram on the right as you hold the ball try turning it so that the holes look like the one on the left. I'm not sure it would work or make much difference I'm just curious.

O O O

O O O
    Storm Modern Marvel
    Radical Time's Up
    Storm Black Ice

Okay the diagram didn't work right but maybe you can figure out what I mean. lol
    Storm Modern Marvel
    Radical Time's Up
    Storm Black Ice

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaStroker View Post
    Okay the diagram didn't work right but maybe you can figure out what I mean. lol
    I believe this is what your wanting to show.

Hold it like this
    O
    oo

Instead of this like
    oo
    O

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

I'd be interested in seeing what that would do. I think it would really offset the core, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it. Not sure if it would kill hook or make it way too much. I have thrown balls at a demo days that were drilled for a righty and got decent movement out of them, but probably not as much as if the pin was on the correct side.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast