Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am 17 and I want to get better at bowling for College

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

Default I am 17 and I want to get better at bowling for College

I average 150 and I bowl with two fingers,
    I'd be more than glad to get some good tips and criticism. I know the 2 finger bowling approach isn't a "good one" in most eyes, but personally I love it since that is the way I have always learned to bowl. I am left handed, and I use my index finger and middle finger to throw the ball, as I said earlier I do not use my thumb. My highest game is 189 and I was a strike away from a 200, my dad said when I get a 200 he would buy me my own bowling ball and bowling shoes. Here is a video on detail on how I hold the ball, and what it's features are, thank you everyone for taking your time on reading this, and enjoy your day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP63NRiuq5c
    Cheer's Sam

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

First tip, get a ball for a lefty and let dad have his back. Borrow one if need be to get that 200 to get your own.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by martinezsam2495 View Post
    I average 150 and I bowl with two fingers,
    I'd be more than glad to get some good tips and criticism. I know the 2 finger bowling approach isn't a "good one" in most eyes, but personally I love it since that is the way I have always learned to bowl. I am left handed, and I use my index finger and middle finger to throw the ball, as I said earlier I do not use my thumb. My highest game is 189 and I was a strike away from a 200, my dad said when I get a 200 he would buy me my own bowling ball and bowling shoes. Here is a video on detail on how I hold the ball, and what it's features are, thank you everyone for taking your time on reading this, and enjoy your day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP63NRiuq5c
    Cheer's Sam
    [SIZE=4]If your that good with only two fingers, imagine how good you MIGHT be with ONE?? 150 = two 300 = 1 Just throwing some logic at you!!! lol (
    Your getting started at a good age!!! I waited till I was 61 1/2! ( Have fun

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

God gave me a thumb, so I'm using it. It would seem to me you're fighting the natural tendency of the ball to move since it's drilled for a righty.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

First place to start is.
    If your going to use two fingers, at least put the proper fingers in the holes. Use the middle and ring fingers, this will at least balance the weight of the ball in your hand.

Using the index and middle fingers, half the weight if the ball is hanging off the side of your hand.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer
    Blog Entries

I will do that soon,

What do you average when you go bowl?

Ringer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    [SIZE=4]If your that good with only two fingers, imagine how good you MIGHT be with ONE?? 150 = two 300 = 1 Just throwing some logic at you!!! lol (
    Your getting started at a good age!!! I waited till I was 61 1/2! ( Have fun
    haha, yeah that's true, I know you were kidding, but I think 1 finger might cause too much damage...... to the pins, hahaha,
    wow, what do you average? There is no feeling like the first time you bowled and got a strike, priceless.

Ringer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    First place to start is.
    If your going to use two fingers, at least put the proper fingers in the holes. Use the middle and ring fingers, this will at least balance the weight of the ball in your hand.

Using the index and middle fingers, half the weight if the ball is hanging off the side of your hand.
    I start off with a 2 hand approach, well having my right arm support my left arm before release, it would be easier for you to see if I post a video of me actually bowling, that's the thing I haven't tried to use those 2 but, I will try it the next time I go bowling,

Ringer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    God gave me a thumb, so I'm using it. It would seem to me you're fighting the natural tendency of the ball to move since it's drilled for a righty.
    yeah that is true,
    that's why I'm going for that big 200 So I could get a ball drilled for a lefty,

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by martinezsam2495 View Post
    I start off with a 2 hand approach, well having my right arm support my left arm before release, it would be easier for you to see if I post a video of me actually bowling, that's the thing I haven't tried to use those 2 but, I will try it the next time I go bowling,
    Putting the proper fingers in the holes is not just about holding the weight of the ball. Using the the index and middle fingers will reduce the rev's, the leverage you apply and change the tilt and rotation of the ball. Not to mention you'll restrict the amount of changes you can make with your release, to affect the balls motion.

Then couple that with being a left hander and using a ball drilled for someone else and a right hander. Your not going to get the optimum performance out of the ball.

Given if your using one of your dads old balls, ask him to at least have it plugged and redrilled to fit you and layed out for a left hander.

This will give you a chance to work out any fit problems and Also make sure to use the the right fingers so you can establish a pap for throwing that way
    before getting "your own ball"

If you use a pap from throwing it with the index and middle fingers for the layout, then change to the other fingers later the pap will be way off in regards to the layout.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast