Thread: NBA Finals

Chats: 36

Default NBA Finals

I don't know about anyone else here. There may be several NBA fans on BowlingBoards, but I am not one of them. For some reason I cannot stand pro basketball. Maybe it is the fact that superstars play be a different set of rules than the rank and file (have you seen how LeBron, Koby and many others get away with walking fouls, palming the basket ball, etc.?), or wh knows. I just don't like the NBA...

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

I'm with you. I'm just not a basketball fan. I like to see who wins, but I can't sit down an watch a game.
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone

Blog Entries
    Chats: 8

I'm a basketball fan but I can't stand all the BS that has made its way into the NBA. They think scoring 100 points in a game is some huge thing. Back in the 90s the scores were always in the 100s. It was more about scoring as many points as possible rather than today, scoring only to keep the lead. I remember watching Jordan and Pippen playing and they would have a combined point total of around 80-90. The bench never did anything and the stars where only out for a couple minutes each quarter and then back in. They make a huge thing out of a player scoreing 30 points but back in the day 30 points was a slow game for the stars back then. I don't watch as much anymore because my team, Bulls, have been going through a phase of figuring out what to do without the stars they had in the 90s and have been trying to look for a Jordan/Pippen combination for the past 14 years. So I don't watch any more.

Lewis Grizzard once said. "Someone once wrote the only uncomfortable this that lasts longer that the NBA season is pregnancy. They play 6 months to eliminate Sacramento then start all over and play til the fourth of July.
    Storm Modern Marvel
    Radical Time's Up
    Storm Black Ice

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaStroker View Post
    Lewis Grizzard once said. "Someone once wrote the only uncomfortable this that lasts longer that the NBA season is pregnancy. They play 6 months to eliminate Sacramento then start all over and play til the fourth of July.
    Haha, that's how I feel about hockey. It seems like the season never ends!

The NBA has become a joke and it's all thanks to David Stern. He is a clown who has tarnished the game. They will do anything to have the big markets/players make the finals. As a life long, diehard Rockets fan, it's a shame to see my team/franchise do everything right and have no chance to compete. Look at that trade that would've sent CP3 to the Lakers and Gasol to us. Our season would've been totally different. I hope something changes soon.
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

Being a fan of the Bucks sure doesn't help matters. Have they even made the playoffs lately? Oh well, I'll stick to my favorite sports, baseball, football, and hockey. Also, the olympics are coming soon. I love watching a bunch of sports that I don't normally see.
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone

Ringer
    Chats: 32

i like to watch the NBA but don't get to do it because no tv here wants to buy the television rights..
    Speed: 12-14 mph
    Rev Rate: 150-200
    Style: Tweener

Chats: 39

Yea same here.....plus the games are always on too late (2-3 in the morning). I usually buy the NFL game pass every season, but my wife would probably kill me if I tried to get the NBA one too .

Ringer
    Chats: 32

i just don't bother to buy any.. lol.. i just watch whatever is available on free television which are usually only soccer matches and motogp (used to have F1 but not this season when it's the most interesting)
    Speed: 12-14 mph
    Rev Rate: 150-200
    Style: Tweener