Greeting HammerHeads.... I am a member of the Hammer Amatuer staff and I would like to provide you with my review for the new Hammer Ratchet which is due in pro shops on August 14th. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have on the Hammer product line & I would be glad to help you out.

BOWLER STYLE

PAP/Track: 5 1/8” x 1” up
Axis Rotation: 25 degrees
Axis Tilt: 12 degrees
Rev Rate: 450
Ball Speed: 18mph

LANE CONDITION

Type:
THS (39' - South Point (medium oil) & 40’ Gold Coast (heavier oil) in Las Vegas, NV), 2012 USBC Nationals Pattern

DRILL PATTERN / LAYOUT

Pin Up: 50 x 5 x 40
(Surface – box finish 3000 Abralon)

COMMENTS

The Ratchet is the perfect complement to the Hammer product line with the modified M.P.A core from the Brick series & the hybrid cover, gets the ball through the front part of the lane with ease, but offers a strong mid-lane movement with a continuous motion in the back ends that does not stop. With the box surface (3000 Abralon); the Ratchet actually matches up well with the medium to medium heavier patterns that I have bowled on so far. I liked the Brick, but I LOVE the Ratchet… I played with the surface at 4000 Abralon & 3000 w/ FF polish, and I really like the way it rolled at 3000 Abralon factory finish surface. The only weakness this ball has, that it is not for the drier lane patterns even if you polish this ball as the motor in this ball is very strong rolling.

The Ratchet has a little different look from the Brick & the previous Taboos (Blue/Silver & original Taboo), with a little more back end continuation which does not quit at all. That is what you want in a strong rolling performance ball for the heavier medium patterns. For me the Ratchet was about 5-6 boards stronger overall than my Brick (cleaner in the fronts & more back end too). This ball fits perfectly between the Brick & Taboo Blue/Silver.

The release date for the Ratchet is Tuesday August 14th, so place your pre-order for this great rolling ball as you will NOT be disappointed.

PICTURES AND/OR VIDEOS

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/v...-061812328.jpg

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/v...-061812329.jpg